Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Anthea's Piece Yourself Together Link

Encouraging Words of the Day:

This is our last day in California visiting our daughter and family. We’ve had a wonderful time. We spent the week-end in the mountains and that was lovely as well. My grandson and I spent part of the time trying to master the "Selfie Stick," a stick that holds your phone a little farther away than the length of your arm to aid in taking better selfies. Here’s a photo of us and a "tree face." My grandson is holding the selfie stick.

And, of course, I’ve been sewing hexies. Here are a few that I’m linking with Anthea at "Hibiscus Stitches" who is hosting an English paper-piecing linky called "Piece Yourself Together."

Check it out at the above links. Here are my hexies:

 

 

That is all.

 

 

 

14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Love the selfie!!! I have seen those sticks being used so much lately. I'm glad you had such a nice visit.

Your hexies always look terrific. You always get so many done while traveling.

sister outlaws said...

Your grandson is a handsome young man isn't he? Love the idea of "piece yourself together"! I find if I don't do some sort of craft I fall apart so it makes sense!

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh no... the selfie ... I prefer to volunteer to push the button and stay out of the picture. Darling grandson so who wouldn't want a picture with him?
I love that scottie hexie flower the best.

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Wow the selfie looks great. The hexies always look lovely :)

Anthea said...

You trendy girl Irene, taking selfies! What a handsome grandson.
Your Hexy's are great as always - the scotty dogs look great - thanks for linking up!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

hahaha......love that selfie stick! I know you are happy that Anthea has started her Piece Yourself Together group so that you can stay on task with your hexies and blogging.........I'll be glad to get you back home again!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely hexies you made for the link up.............I linked up too....enjoy your day............

Lin said...

Your hexies are lovely - they are super for travelling. xx

kiwikid said...

Good luck with the selfie stick!! Your hexies are lovely!!

elliek said...

Love the little doggie hexie. Good luck with the selfie stick!

Sharmayne said...

Lovely lot of stitching going on there!

Susan In Texas said...

I love the hexie with the doggies running around it. What a great idea. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog; I hope you find time to continue on your Dear Jane. My DJ journey has been such a great learning experience that I sometimes feel like I'm trying to get a PHD in quilting!

Take care
Susan in Texas

Astrid said...

I'm such a dinosaur, didn't know you can get sticks for your phone to take better selfies! :) Love the selfie! Hope you had a wonderful time in CA.