Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter.

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Happy Easter, Everyone. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Look at this nice little thread catcher I made. It’s useful for carrying around in your travel bag. You know we always need some place to put our hilachas (snippets) when we’re sewing on the go.

Here's how it folds up flat.

I found the tutorial for this on my friend Fiona’s blog and, with her permission, am posting the link here. You can literally accomplish this from start to finish within 30 minutes, maybe faster. Thanks, Fiona, for the tutorial.

Right now, my husband and I are in sunny California visiting our daughter and I’ve already gone to "Quilters’ Paradise" in Clovis. I just love the friendly people in that store and their inventory is fantastic. I finally broke down and bought the expensive "Hex N More" ruler there. As many hexies as I sew, I figure I really NEED this.

And, of course, I’ve been sewing hexies. Here are a few.

I need to sit down and re-count these one of these days. It seems like I have hundreds at least.

That is all.

 

 

 

8 comments:

Helen said...

Happy and safe Easter, lovely thread catcher and hexies :)

sister outlaws said...

Happy Easter Irene! You are Queen of the Hexies! Love your "thread catcher"!

Julie Fukuda said...

Great little thread catcher. One of my quilting group friends folds an origami one so very quickly. It gets tossed out with the threads in it. But it is not so pretty and portable. You must have thousands of hexies by now ... just counting Wednesdays ...

Needled Mom said...

That is a great thread catcher. I think I need to make one for my travels. So glad you are enjoying our sunshine, however, I hope that we will get out froecasted rain this week

That hexie tool will be perfect for you!

Carla said...

Happy Easter to you! Do you ever get tired of sewing hexies ? Me neither ; )

Fiona said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter... glad you made up a thread catcher... I have done a few more too!! love your hexies and that ruler looks great.... such a pretty lace cloth under your hexies...
Hugz

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

hope you had a wonderful Easter..........missed you here. The hexies are all wonderful as always.....and I'm glad you posted the hexie ruler.....I saw one on a website and was going to show you..........

Janet said...

The hexie ruler looks interesting. What is it useful for? Love all your little hexies. They are such fun to make. I remember being in California at this time of year. It was beautiful.