Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Hexies, hexies

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Today is the Tuesday that Anthea from Hibiscus Stitches has her linky where we can "show-off"

our English paper-piecing.

I've been working on this wall hanging like forever. My sister Ida made the little house in the center to depict our little ranch house. I've been making hexies and stitching them together off-and-on for two years and decided that it was time I really got it put together. This is what I'm working on.

I'm trying to fill in all those holes and make it look pretty. Hmmmmm, better keep working on that....

 

Other than that, I got a few little half-inch hexie flowers done.

 
And finally, got these flowers done for my swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap."
She asked for flowers in bright colors so I hope she likes these.
That is all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

15 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I just posted on the other site how much I love these. Such perfect, fun fabric.

elliek said...

Love the bright hexies and that wall hanging will be amazing.

Janet said...

I love the wall hanging and WOW to the bright hexies. Perfect!!

kiwikid said...

Your wall hanging is going to be spectacular when it is done! Love the bright hexie flowers.

Chookyblue...... said...

now thats a bit tricky but it's going to look great..............

Lin said...

That wall hanging is going to be super! Love the bright colours of your swap hexies. xx

Anthea said...

So much hexy goodness Irene! I love them all, especially the wall hanging progress.
Thanks for linking up
x

Needled Mom said...

That hexie scene is going to be stunning, Irene. Wow! That is a lot of hexie sewing. I love the bright little ones too. Your partner will love them.

Fiona said...

I love the idea of a picture with a story for your hexie garden...
Hugz

shez said...

wow these look fabulous,well done xx

Helen said...

Wow lots of beautiful hexies there but oh it's going to be a stunner !!!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

gosh I was so busy with my dining room tile that I missed your post! I agree that your Rock Springs House project is going to be a stunner when you finish! And love your bright and cheery flowers too.

Pamela said...

Great progress. I love the little house in the center.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh wow! How fun is that ranch house hexie project going to be?! Darling! I don't think I've ever met a hexie I didn't like - yours are so bright and cheerful.

Astrid said...

Love all your hexies and the ranch house is such a clever idea. Wonderful!