Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fugly Fabric


Encouraging words of the day:
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you. ~ Psalm 9:10, NLT

Lucy at "Charm About You" is having a linky party and  I’ve decided to join the Fugly Fabric Party since I have a few fabrics that definitely qualify. 


This is an opportunity for me to get rid of fabrics I consider ugly but that someone out in blogland might like to “try” to do something with.
Here’s a photo of my “Fugly Fabrics.”

I have no idea what I thought I would ever do with the first colorful fat quarter.

The second one is a quarter yard although not a fat quarter of an ugly brown fabric with flowers on it.  Go figger…

The third one is not the beautiful light purple you see but a dark obnoxious purple.  It is almost a fat quarter as I cut two hexies out of it trying to justify ever buying this fat quarter.

And the last one is another ugly, ugly, "flowerdy" brown fat quarter.  What was I thinking?

This is open to my followers so if anyone listed as my follower is interested in owning these fabrics just let me know and tell me you’re a follower.  What a way to repay someone for following me, huh?  If more than one follower is interested, I will draw the loser  winner on Feb 14th.

That is all.

21 comments:

Richard Healey said...

Oh love those the purple and the the first one on left is fantastic.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

gill said...

I like the one on the far left and the purple one!!

Josie McRazie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie McRazie said...

sometimes those 'fuglys' end up turning into the star of a square! I think they have a lot of potential!! I would love to give them a whirl!! And I am a follower!

hueisei said...

I loves the colorful one :)
Thanks..

Coloradolady said...

I really like the brown with the flowers!!

Coloradolady said...

yes, I am a follower!!

Gina said...

I'm a follwer! Would love to use the fabric in the prayer quilts I make for our church ministry! Thanks so much for the giveaway!

Anita said...

I would love the purple...it might just match some fabric I recently bought !=) Thanks!

sister outlaws said...

This is too much fun! I think I like the brown flowery one on the right....but then am I just feeling sorry for it???

Gwen said...

I am a follower! :-) Actually, I love 3 of them (1,2 &3)-- especially the second one! #4 isn't really too bad either-- and I have found that most any fabric can really work perfectly in the right situation-- especially when it's cut into small pieces! Any little fugly duckling can become a beautiful swan! ;-) Thank you for sharing with us! :-)

Rosa said...

Yes,I`m a follower.I love brown with flowers.

Kathy said...

I really like the purple one. The brown with the flowers is calling my name also. I am a new follower. Thanks for the chance to win.

Caroline said...

I am a follower. No fabric is fugly, if you cut it small enough. Those will look good in a string quilt. Thanks for a chance to own them.

Julie Fukuda said...

That is so funny. i have a big hunk of light tannish fabric printed with cowboy boots and western stuff. I did not buy it but it came home with some other gifted stuff I can use. I am thinking of cutting it into strips and using it to crochet a mat for the dog's water bowl. Even the texture is not nice.

Peggy said...

I' m a follower and would love to use these fabrics for my group, World of Charity Stitching.
Thanks,
Peggy
Peggy_verdongibbs@att.net

Lisa C in GA. said...

I really like the first, colorful fabric...count me in for that one...I like the purple, too :)

Pippa Parsons said...

I really like the 1st and third fabric :)

Sallie said...

I'm a follower and I love the first one and like the others. Thanks for the chance!

Chiska said...

I'm a follower.

sonalee said...

I like them all. they will look good if teamed with lighter solid tone. Send them to me if I win the random draw.
leena(India)