Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane B-4


Encouraging Words of the Day –
But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
~ Psalm 13:5, NLT
I’m enjoying getting back to my sewing machine.  I’ve been sewing like crazy.  I finished the the name for my "Name Game"  person over at Samelia’s Mum’s blog.  Oh, and it’s One Flower Wednesday .  That day of the week when Karen from Journey of a Quilter) gives everyone the chance to share their hexie flowers.  Here are mine:
I took photos of “My Jane” blocks.  I don’t know if it takes me longer to sew a block or lay it out, photograph it, do all the tweaking on my photo editor, write the blog and post my photos and so on.  But you know all this since you’re doing it too.  Anyway, here is “My Jane” B-4.  It is all paper-pieced and came out beautifully.  It looks kind of crooked in the photo but I’m blaming that on my lack of photographic skills.
 
B-4
Then I worked on a couple of blocks for the Block Lotto which is now at BlockLotto.com  The color combination selected for Valentines Day is somewhat strange and/or different; gray, orange, pink, and cream.  I’m not too sure if I like them or not.  See what you think of these two:

That is all.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful hexies and your Dear Jane block is great. The Block Lotto blocks are interesting, you don't usually see gray with those colors but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, NOW I see the gray! I still think your heart blocks are beautiful....I agree that the colors are somewhat.....different? But still they will probably make a great quilt for someone.......Ok I'm ready for you to come home.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hexies, as always. your Dear Jane is going fine. Those lotto blocks are great. Love the gray background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO like that color combination!!!! Your hexies look terric as does the DJ block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops....that was suppose to be "terrIFic"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. busy busy. Lovely blue hexies its going to look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautful flowers as always and love the Dear Jane, great fabric. I think you are right, it takes more time to post then make a block. And, what do I think of your Block Lotto blocks, LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers!
    Your Dear Jane block is simply stunning. Your workmanship is perfect.
    I have to agree with you about the color combination for the BlockLotto blocks. Not my favorite but I did instantly think of Creamsicles - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on jane! I do so have to pull mine out and do another piece or two!

    ReplyDelete