Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm


Encouraging words of the day:
"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." ~ Matthew 6:34, NLT
Planning for tomorrow is time well spent; worrying about tomorrow is time wasted. Sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference. Careful planning is thinking ahead about goals, steps, and schedules, and trusting in God's guidance. When done well, planning can help alleviate worry. Worriers, by contrast, are consumed by fear and find it difficult to trust God. They let their plans interfere with their relationship with God.  Don't let worries about tomorrow affect your relationship with God today. 

Ok, things have settled down a little after all of our Independence Day celebrations.  We had a terrific time doing it though.  Now it will be quiet here until Tuesday when we leave to spend two weeks with our oldest son and his family.  That family includes 3 boisterous boys so things will definitely be rowdy for a while.  Meanwhile, here at home during the calm before the storm, I have been working on an I-Spy charity quilt.  I’ve got the top and back together, just need to cut the batting and get the quilting done but here is a photo of my flimsy.


I also finished a table topper for my neighbor at our ranch in the Hill Country.  Mama actually gave me some of the pieced background.  Then I just added the rick-rack trim and the little basket blocks which Mama also gave me.  Then I did the backing and finishing.  Not too bad.
Terrible photo.  I hung the table topper outside on the clothes line and you can see the shadows of the tree on it.  It's actually prettier than it looks :)

I’ve cut out several hexagon shapes so I’ll have some hand-quilting to do while at the beach with my husband and our son’s family - if I have time….  Arrrgggg. Where does the time go.

That is all.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun at the beach! All too soon those boisterous boys will be grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely taking advantage of the calm before the storm. You will have a wonderful time and then be very happy to get back to the peace (piece) and quiet. Have a wonderful and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I love about hexagons. So portable : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ric rac on the table topper! The I spy quilt looks amazing. Could we have some close up photos please???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the way the I-Spy quilt turned out......the brown sashing really sets it off nicely...And the table topper is so pretty....it looks really big...how big? I already miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hexies - but I don't do them in large numbers - just for embellishing - so I admire anyone who can do them into quilts. (did you get the traveling stash box - when will you post)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe the schedule you're maintaining this summer, but it sounds like lots of fun! Enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the I spy quilt. So easy to use up small pieces! Any child should love it!

    ReplyDelete