Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello from Virginia and My Jane C-13

Encouraging words of the day:

A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare. ~ Proverbs 15:1, NLT (Just saying...)




We arrived in Virginia last night at 10:30 pm. Our plane was delayed because of bad weather somewhere. Anyway, we stayed up until 2:00 am visiting with our son, DIL, and 3 grandsons. Yes, we all stayed up talking, eating, and laughing and enjoying each other's company. Now it's almost 11:00 am EDT and almost everyone is still sleeping. I love summer!

I had written my blog post before leaving and I guess I didn't save it in my Dropbox file because it's not there and I'm starting all over again. Not much to post yet. Oops, one grandson is up so that will probably delay this post for a while.

It's One Flower Wednesday. I'm prepared because I sewed up these little hexie flowers before leaving El Paso. They're flowers I made for my partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." She requested flowers and centers made from "different fabrics."


I also finished one of "My Jane" blocks before leaving. Here is an easy paper-pieced C-13.
C-13



And I found one giveaway this morning:

"Quilting by the River" is giving us the chance to win 8 batik fat quarters. - ends July 17th.

Off to spend time with grandsons.

That is all.



11 comments:

Sheila said...

Great hexies and your C-13 block looks great , enjoy your visit .

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Glad you got there safe and sound.......I love the little swirly center in your flower and your Jane block is so pretty. It doesn't look like it was easy....thanks for the giveaway link.

laurie in texas said...

Happy days! Enjoy your family and beautiful Virginia :)

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your hexies and Jane block is beautiful.

sister outlaws said...

Love that geometric fabric print hexie!!!!!!!! Have fun in Virginia!

Connie said...

What great blocks! Thanks for the shout out....now go have fun with the grandsons

Karen said...

Enjoy your Virginia visit, wonderful DJ and flowers too!

Jessica said...

Enjoy family time!! Love the hexie flowers as usual :) I love coming here to see which fabrics you use every week.

Mary said...

Beautiful DJ block. Have a great time!

Anthea said...

Irene great flowers this week. Enjoy your family time...

Needled Mom said...

I know that you are enjoying the fun and activity.

You DJ block looks terrific as do your hexie flowers.

I hope the weather is nice for you for your visit. Stay safe.