Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday at OBX


Encouraging words of the day:
This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24, NLT

We're at the beach in Nags Head, North Carolina. We've had some beautiful days and are thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Here's a photo of my husband, our 3 gorgeous grandsons, and me. We went out on this day to shoot skeet.

It's a good thing I prepared my hexie flowers ahead of time because I have done NO sewing at all. Here's what I sewed up before leaving on vacation. My “One Flower Wednesdayflowers, two little 1/2 inch hexie flowers. Thanks, Karen from "Journey of a Quilter" for keeping me on task with my flowers.I've done very little web browsing or reading blogs but I did find a treat giveaway. It's so great that it's worth jumping through a couple of hoops:
"It's So Kiki" is cleaning house and having a fantastic giveaway, everything from fabric, to thread, to books, to patterns. - ends July 27th.


That is all.



11 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Glad you are enjoying the beach and the kids......we have had a very small amount of rain here. Pretty little hexies....you are way ahead of me.....I still have to post mine for today...and it WON'T be a rainbow...those flowers took me 3 days to get done! LOL.....see you soon

Julie Fukuda said...

Isn't it great to be with family? Time for mother hens to cluck. Enjoy!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Yay for grandkids and beaches and skeet! Weren't you just on the west coast? I can't keep up with you! :)

sunny said...

You're at OBX and didn't invite me? I hope you continue to have too much fun to get any stitching done.

Karen said...

Three very handsome grandsons, lovely photo. Well done with the flowers too!

Carla said...

Beautiful hexies again!

Anthea said...

Irene, enjoy the time with your lovely grandchildren, your stitching won't run away from you! Well done on persevering with the tiny flowers

Maria said...

Pleased you are having a lovely holiday and you were clever to stitch your pretty flowers before you left.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful flowers, enjoy your time with your grandchildren!

Needled Mom said...

I am glad to hear that you are having too much fun and no time to sew. Those memory making moments are more important. The flowers look great.

Carla said...

Hi there. Always fun to see your hexagons!