Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Beautiful, sunshiney One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor. - Proverbs 21:21 (NLT)

It's a beautiful "One-Flower Wednesday," full of sunshine and here are my flowers. Again I made one 1/2-inch flower surrounded with the green leafy fabric and one without.

Total is now 209. Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

I've finally sandwiched my Christmas quilt so maybe I'll have that to show you some day. I started out by sewing the tag in upside-down but my sister Ida pointed out that if one is looking at the front side of the quilt and flips up the bottom edge, why then the label is rightside-up. Well, it made sense to me also so I'm leaving it. I'm also being optimistic in that I already embroidered the year 2014 on it so now I have to finish it up this year.

That is all.

 

6 comments:

Helen said...

Another lovely flower !....look forward to seeing the xmas quilt :)

Celtic Thistle said...

I like how the embroidery on the label commits you to finishing it this year Irene :) I have every faith in you !

sunny said...

That Ida is so clever! That's also a clever way of making sure that you finish the quilt! Love your flowers. I'm trying to get one finished and posted for the first time in a long time.

Karen said...

A very clever sister! Flowers are wonderful, great fussy cutting on the purple one. And, have I every mentioned how perfect the green fabric is? Perfect!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

hahaha..........yes, you do have such a clever sister! How pretty is your fussy cutting on the flower on the right!

cq4fun said...

I came back to an older post to check out how this works, and I think it will work! I see you've been working on a Christmas quilt, too!