Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"One-Flower Wednesday"

Encouraging Words of the Day:

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24, NLT

Well, I did break my self-imposed plan to use only stash as much as possible. I had to buy the background fabric for the leafy spacers for my 1/2-inch hexies. So I cut several hexie shapes with my Go-Baby cutter and proceeded to baste several hundred of these. I have a pile of them which I baste while my husband and I watch our newly-discovered series of "Breaking Bad."

Then I decided that for this week's flowers, I'd sew a few of these leafy hexies around a flower. Man, is that a job! It takes 12 sides of sewing hexies together to make a little flower but 42 sides to make a flower surrounded by the green leafy fabric. Much longer this way! Here one I completed along with a regular flower.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

That is all.

 

10 comments:

Helen said...

Love the green it really brings out the colours of your flowers :-)

sister outlaws said...

Go baby indeed, Irene! These are very cute hexies today. Love that you are doing the math about how many sides to sew! You need some serious road trips - why not come to Australia and drive around? We have a BIG country too!

Laura Quaglia said...

you have a way to go ,good for you,Have a great day.
Laura

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You are doing a great job.......and when I see your handstitching I am amazed.....it is so nice and even and pretty.....mine still looks like it did when Ma Tita was teaching us how to sew!

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a lot of work. No straight lines either. But, the green looks so nice and bringa out the colors of the flowers.

suemac said...

I just got the 1/2" hexie die for my Go Baby. I love it. The 1" die doesn't leave as much margin as this one. It is perfect.

Needled Mom said...

Ha....yes, each additional round grows a lot. Wait until you sew them all together!!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Both of these hexie's are darling!
The green looks great bordering the flowers.

Karen said...

It does take a lot more time, but look how beautiful. That is the perfect fabric.

Trillian said...

Hi Helen,
you were very busy. I had the same feeling with the surrounding of the flowers - it takes much longer than to make the flower. But it looks very nice.
Braking Bad is great! We are in the last season.