Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It's still One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.- John 13:34 (NLT)

 

It's "One-Flower Wednesday" and this will sound like a repeat of last week since I made one 1/2-inch flower surrounded with the green leafy fabric and one without.

Total is now 207. This is going to take forever.

I've also received these beautiful flowers from my February partner in the "Inchy-Hexagon Flower Swap." Thanks, Ros. They're gorgeous.

I've been busy finishing up the quilt I started in the "Pile 'o Fabric Quilt-Along of 2013." I finally got that done and gave it to my husband since he had been pointing out recently that I give quilts to everyone but he has never gotten one. Well, he can't say that any more. Here is "Johnny's Quilt." The quilting was quilt-as-you-go and I was pretty excited about how quickly it all came together.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

That is all.

 

9 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I do like to see progress with quilt-as-you-go. Your husband should be happy with that one. Putting those hexies all together will be quite a task ... especially those small ones.

Karen said...

You should call it your 'forever' garden! Pretty flowers from Ros and a wonderful quilt for your husband.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the hexies of course and your quilt...:)

Helen said...

Lovely hexies as usual your garden is growing and before long it will all be blooming into a gorgeous quilt as is the one you just finished :)

suemac said...

Your 1/2" hexes are cute. It does take a lot of time to put everything together.

Needled Mom said...

Those hexies are so perfect! I love your quilt too. The QAYG is a great way to finish a big one like that.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love Karen's idea for a name...."Forever Garden"...........almost like your 'Lifetime Crazy Quilt"....lol.......well however long it takes I know it will be beautiful as all your work is..........

sister outlaws said...

I hope your husband knows he is a lucky man in more ways than one, Irene! Love the geometric patterns on his quilt!

Janet said...

I love the little apple hexie. Very cute! I might have to adopt the Forever Garden name too. :) And your husband's quilt is fantastic! Mine makes the same complaint. I have one started for him. I should finish it - along with the other ones....