Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pincushion Completed for the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade

Encouraging Words of the Day:

So, I'm sure you've heard that my sister Ida, who blogs at "MySister Made Me Do It," is hosting the "Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade."

In doing so, Ida has created a number of new pincushions to give to you and to ME! She surprised me with 2 more beautiful and functional pincushions. Here's the perfect pincushion nestled in a sewing kit and perfect to drop into my purse and take with me wherever I go along with my hexies.
Ida is so creative. She made this darling sewing kit from an eyeglass case. And then she continued and made another take-along pincushion which is flat with the pins stuck in the sides. It's hard to describe but just look! It's another perfect pincushion to take with me.
 
So, with all this pincushion-making I decided to dig out a pincushion UFO I've had for a long time. It's made of wool pieces that I sewed together and embroidered on one of our road trips and never finished. Well, here it is, all finally done!
This is for Ida. It's not as awesome as her beautiful creations but maybe she'll like it.
Ida is providing a linky for us all to share our favourite pincushions. Not only that, BUT there are lots of prizes! Check out her blog for all the details and to link up.
That is all.
 
























Ida is providing a linky for us all to share our favourite pincushions. Not only that, BUT there are lots of prizes! Check out her blog for all the details and to link-up.


 

 

 

 

 

 

15 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes, she is really creative. What a wonderful variety she has come up with.

Sharmayne said...

Aha!!! So you are the sister. Lol. I've been following you for quite a while now, but just stumbled upon the pincushion parade from another blog & I remember wondering who the "sister" might be lol. I love the pincushion in the glasses case - what a great idea for using it with Hexies!!

Mary said...

I'm betting Ida will love this.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful surprise! I love it! Can't wait to see it "in person" tomorrow! Thank you!❤️đŸ·❤️

Lara B. said...

Ida will love your gift to her Irene! It is so sunny and cheerful.
Making a glass case sewing kit is on my bucket list - Ida's turned out to perfect. I bet you love that tape measure lining fabric. The little flat tomato embroidered pincushion is the bee's knees!

suemac said...

I like all the cute little embellishments on your pincushion.

Jessica said...

That eye glass case is perfection! What a great idea! And I love your ladybug. :)

Needled Mom said...

I just loved her idea of the eyeglass case. Your wool pincushion is beautiful and I know Ida is going to love it. Pins glide into the wool so beautifully.

sunny said...

Ida is going to love that! I've been scouring our house for an extra eyeglass case ever since I saw her wonderful creation.

Helen said...

Oh I'm sure Ida will love it another very special pin cushion to add to her collection.

Pamela said...

Very cute gift for your sister. Your flat pin cushion will be very handy.

kiwikid said...

Love the glasses container pin cushion, is a great idea...yours done in felt is lovely and just as good as your sisters!

Anthea said...

Oh I thought it was a glasses case, what a great idea, a handy size!
It's been a fun linky, hasn't it?!

Magpie Sue said...

I LOVE your finished UFO pincushion! It's every bit as awesome as the ones your sister makes. I hadn't really seen rectangular pincushions before but I can see they would be very useful. Might have to make one similar to yours. :- )

Laura said...

Congratulations on the UFO finish! It's very cute!