Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Hexie Wall Hanging DONE!

It's "Piece Yourself Together" Day and guess what I've finally finished...

TA DA!

I began working on this wall hanging quite some time ago. I need to do a little research through my quilting journal to figure out how long I've been working on this but those of you who have been following my blog know it's been a long time. My sister Ida made the little house in the center which became the focus of the wall hanging. She first made a little house block like this for Beth's Neighborhood Party one year and I commented on how much it looks like our ranch house so before I knew it, Ida had made one for me. It's surrounded by hexie flowers which I've been sewing on forever. By the way, some of those green hexies just below to house were made by our own Anthea. She sent some to Ida for her OZ wall hanging and Ida gave me a few because they fit so well with mine.
Click here or on the photo below to find out Anthea's blog at "Hibiscus Stitches" to see what others are doing with their hexies.
 
That is all.
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

Helen said...

Oh it looks fabulous Irene !!

Julierose said...

LOve this little house in the hexies--hugs, Julierose

Doniene said...

Oh, Irene, this quilt is absolutely fabulous! I am so impressed!! Great job!!

Blessings and hugs!

Needled Mom said...

Wow! It looks amazing. Do you kind of hate to see it come to a close? I really love how the ranch house is the focal point.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Irene, it's gorgeous! Beautiful work.

Ranch Wife said...

That's going to be beautiful on your wall! It's wonderful and worth the wait!

Mary said...

This turned out beautifully!

Susan said...

That really is amazing! How nice to have a finish, too.

Astrid said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Love the little house as a focus point. Congrats on the finish!

kiwikid said...

That is beautiful...lovely to have it finished!

Julie Fukuda said...

Si, that's where some of your hexies have gone! Nice finish ... and the house has such a nice garden setting.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

well I am lucky because I have seen this finish in real life and it truly is gorgeous! What an accomplishment to get this project out of your UFO pile!

Lin said...

What a beautiful finish Irene - I love it. xx

Anthea said...

Hi Irene... Oh I'm sorry I've dropped in so late to see this ! Well done I love it - yes it's taken you some time in working on it but wow I hope you're happy, it looks amazing.
Yes I spot some of the hexy's I sent Ida, it's quite a buzz to see a few in your hanging... sharing the love!