Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!  May we all have good health, more love, and God's blessings.
I've had a busy holiday season,  spent Christmas in Fresno, CA with my daugher, two sons, and their families and had a wonderful time.  I was not able to do any quilting at all but I did visit a wonderful little quilting store in Clovis, Ca called Quilters Paradise.  Of course, I made a few purchases.  Now I'm back to quilting again.  I hope I haven't gotten in over my head as I joined the Layer Cake Quilt-Along in November.  Now I have also joined the "Block Lotto," where we make a new block each month, Penny Haren's Pieced Applique on the Quilting Board, along with the "House Block of the Month" on the Quilting Board.  That along with all my unfinished projects...
Anyway, here is my 5th block from the Layer Cake Quilt-Along.  I had an easier time with this block than with the other four.  I don't know if I'm getting better or if this is an easier block.




These are my blocks from the Block Lotto.  They're called block stacks and were also pretty easy to make (IF I made them right.)  It usually turns out that if something was easy, you probably made it wrong.
 I've been following a terrific blog called "Stray Stitches."  It's quite entertaining and I've learned a lot from this terrific blogger.  As a matter of fact, she is celebrating 300 followers (I have 11) and is offering a great giveaway which includes:
  A full color pattern call Flying Colors and 25 fat quarters and 5/8 yard of black fabric to complete the pattern if you so desire.  The link to her blog and giveaway is Stray Stitches Giveaway .  Good luck.  I really need to get some more followers.





1 comment:

  1. And to think a few months ago I knew more about the man in the moon than a "follower"! See what the blogging world can do for you? Go for quality rather than quantity.

    ReplyDelete