Saturday, January 29, 2011

Moving right along...

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.  ~ Hebrews 4:16, NLT

I spent most of the day yesterday making a cover for my latest purchase, the NOOK Color.  I've ordered a cover for it from eBay but that is taking too long getting here so I decided it would be simple to make a temporary cover to protect my purchase.  Wrong.  By the way, I am absolutely enjoying my NOOK.  Anyway, it seems like any time I think something is going to be easy, I'm wrong.  I mean, how hard could it be?  After all, I've been sewing since I was 14 years old .  The fact that I realize I've been sewing for most of my life is what always seems to get me in trouble.  Since I KNOW how to sew, I don't need to be careful or even read the instructions, right?  I know what I'm doing.  Well, that kind of thinking always makes my projects take longer.  Finally, here is my NOOK cover.
And yes, this simple little cover took me most of a day to make.  And then it ends up looking like a potholder more than anything else.

Today, my husband and I went to an estate sale, among other things.  I found 22 large spools of thread,  15 smaller spools, needles for my sewing machine, and 5 yards of white cotton fabric for $9.00.   When we got home, I finished up my 7th block for the Layer Cake Quilt-Along I'm in.  I enjoyed Block 7, maybe because I think I did such a good job on it, brag brag. I struggled with the first 6 blocks so much and this one just kind of came together for me. It even came out 12.5 inches square without my having to do any squaring-up.  See how nicely my points and corners meet? Bragging again. The left side looks crooked but that's my lack of photographic skills, not my sewing skills.  I'm happy :)


No comments: