Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cold, snowy day

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  ~ Matthew 7:7

It's a cold, snowy day here and across the nation. This is a picture of the snow in our back yard.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  It's not much snow, but remember, I'm in far west Texas where we don't get snow and aren't used to the cold, etc. etc. whine, whine.
Today is  "One Flower Wednesday" so here is my hexagon flower.  It's got a 6 cool tennis shoes.  I chose to make this flower because the shoes are so cute :)




I also managed to make 4 string heart blocks for the Block Lotto.  The instructions assure one that this is an easy block but I had a struggle making them.  Maybe because the strings are slanted and you have to figure out how to sew the sides on so you end up with a heart shape.  I made 4 and that's probably all I'll make because I didn't enjoy cutting and measuring and figuring out how to sew this block, whine whine again.
I've run into a few "Giveaways" lately.  When I first started entering giveaways, I won 2 right away so I thought it was a "piece of cake."  Since then I've only won one more but I keep trying.  Here are some links so you can try too.
"Hand Quilting" has a book with patterns for redwork quilting from the book,  "Redwork From The Workbasket."
"Pleasant Home"  has a giveaway for 11 Fat Quarter's in a Bundle of Black, Red and White!
"House of ala Mode"  is giving away fat quarters.
"Canton Village Quilt Works" is over at midnight tonight, Feb 2.  They will choose two winners for two lines of fabric from Art Gallery! So this means TWO winners!!


That's it.  Ya'll have a wonderful day! 


12 comments:

Birdie said...

Love the shoes, your hearts turned out nice even if they were a pain to make.

Stray Stitches said...

I love your fussy cut hexie! How cute!!!

I was not happy to hear that you struggled with the string hearts. I haven't made mine yet and this will be my first time with string anything. I will at least try to get two made - just having trouble getting the desire to actually make them - lol!

Quiltjane said...

That hexie is gorgeous. I love it.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Your hexie is wonderful. Love the string heart. Thank you for sharing.

Carolyn :)

Linda said...

I win... when it comes to snow! We received 7" here in central Iowa. And the wind chill has been -17 or so all day. I bet we "win" there too! (ggg)

Cute hexagon. Keep up the good work!

Karen said...

Cute flower and the hearts are very pretty! We had a snow day today and I spent most of the day shovelling and it is still coming down.

Wendy said...

What a fun flower! Love how you put the matching star in the center!

Julie Fukuda said...

That hexie is a kick!

Renata said...

Hui, cooler Stoff! Love the fabric :o)

Anne-Mette said...

What a funny fabric you have used for the hexie :-).

Micki said...

Your hexie is jut too cute!
Micki

Ida said...

Hi Sis.......I am dropping in after quite a while and I see you are really starting to post more to your blog! I love this tennis shoe patch/block....you didn't show this one to me when I was at your house this week. I love all the different quilts you are working on but most of all I love you!
Ida