Monday, February 21, 2011

Back home.

Words for the day:
Shout to the LORD, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!
~ Psalms 98:4, NLT

     I'm back home now after a wonderful week spent in Gulfport, Mississippi with my husband and great friends.  We relaxed, visited, ate and drank too much and had a wonderful time.  The weather was great, not that terrible cold that the entire country experienced earlier in the month.  And then, of course, it is always wonderful to get back home.  I missed my blogging friends and my sewing so I've spent most of today catching up.
     I'm in a group working through Penny Haren's Pieced Applique book.  It is quite challenging and seems to get more challenging with each block.  One good thing, my blocks will all match since they all seem to end up crooked.  Cute and pretty, but crooked.  Here goes the 4th block called "Advanced Liberty Star."

Amazingly, the star block I made for the "Star Block of the Month" was harder to make than the "Advanced Liberty Star."  I didn't really know what it was going to look like until it was done and it did not look at all like what I envisioned. Anyway, it was a nice surprise. I think I really appreciate everyone's efforts even more after I've gone through making one and experience, first hand, the difficulties encountered.
      This is a short post.  I'm too worn out from having a good time all last week and playing catch-up today.  I need to surf the web a little and find some giveaways for us to enter.  But until later,


...that is all.




2 comments:

  1. Pretty blocks, even if you're finding them challenging. Good for you to stick with them! I borrowed a friend's PH book and after trying one decided it definitely isn't for me. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! The bottom star almost looks 3 demensional. Gorgeous. Glad you had a great time on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete