Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slow quilting week. Again.

I didn't accomplish much this week.  I did manage to complete my flower for  my "One Flower Wednesday" group.  I wanted to  make a flower with red bandana petals so here goes.
I managed to accomplish my hexie flower and since I was traveling back home to El Paso from the Hill Country (this entailed an 8-hour drive) I was able to sew and sew and sew by hand.  I made all these hexie flower petals:




I also belong to the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap" so now I have lots of petals to swap with my fellow flower stitchers as well as several to continue my own hexagon flower whatever-I-end-up-making.  I made a mug fug out of a hexie flower for my "Mug Rug Swap" so maybe I did accomplish something, smile.
We're making two mug rugs so one is comleted and the other is in-progress.  I'm making the second one with a 6-inch block I made from Carol Doak's paper-piecing instructions.  That is all.  Now I'm off to work on my Penny Haran applique quilt.  Well, I'll do that tomorrow.


13 comments:

Linda said...

Love that bandana hexie! Very pretty. And don't you love car-sewing? I can get so much accomplished if I plan ahead... don't have to drive... don't have to look at maps... don't have to hand food or drink to the driver. (giggle)

Valentina said...

Oh How gorgeous! I am so excited about your blog, it is my first time visiting and I can see coming back for more! :)
I just love your bandana hexi and your prepped hexies look delicious.
I was going to ask you how to pronounce your blogname when my eye fell on your blog address: Oh, Spanish! LOL What a perfect name! LOL
How very nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by for a visit with me.
Valentina in Cyprus

Quiltjane said...

You have been very busy making all those hexies. I admire a person who can sew while traveling. The red bandana material make a wonderful hexie and the mug rugs (aka caffeine carpets) look great. Another partner I hope I get.

Julie Fukuda said...

As long as you weren't behind the wheel...
We have a law in Japan that one cannot talk on a cell phone while driving. I can understand that as I have been run into twice by guys on the phone. Thing is... I drive a van and as I go I can see down into other cars and am shocked to see drivers texting while driving! Police can not spot them because the cell phone is below window level!

Karen said...

A very cute bandana flower!!! And, so many petals. LOVE the mug rug!

sunny said...

Oh my - look at all those flower petals! I haven't tried sewing in the car, I usually crochet. Reading makes me sick, so I was happy to find something else that I could do. I'll try hexies on our next trip. Love the bandana flower.

Stray Stitches said...

Your bandana hexie is adorable. Sewing petals definitely makes travel time pass more quickly. Love the mug rug you made using a hexie - great idea!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

That hexie bandana is just the best!!!!

Love the mug rug you made with your hexie very clever.

Carolyn :)

ELP said...

Love the bandana theme of your hexie.

merumo said...

I see you are having too much fun with making those flowers! Good for you :)

Kunzfrau said...

A beautiful red fabric were you chosen! I like it a lot!
And the idea to put a Hexi into a MugRug I find a great too! Do remember that I have to.

Greetings Marion

Micki said...

I love your mug rugs and your hexies. You have been busy!
Micki

Laurie in Maine said...

I have THAT pointy fan shaped block in my stack of orphan blocks! It's decided. Making a mug rug out of it ;)