Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Flower Wednesday again.


Encouraging words of the day:

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love. - ~ 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, NLT

I just read in the newspaper that Harry Coover, creator of Super Glue, dies at 94.

“They” say that Coover was working for Tennessee Eastman Company, a division of Eastman Kodak, when an accident helped lead to the popular adhesive being discovered.  An assistant was distressed that some brand new refractometer prisms were ruined when they were glued together by the substance.
In 1951, Coover and another researcher recognized the potential for the strong adhesive, and it was first sold in 1958, according to the Super Glue Corp.'s website.
Cyanoacrylate, the chemical name for the glue, was first uncovered in 1942 in a search for materials to make clear plastic gun sights for World War II. But the compound stuck to everything, which is why it was rejected by researchers, the website said.
The Industrial Research Institute, for which he served as president in 1982, honored Coover with a gold medal and the U.S. Patent Office inducted him into the National Inventors Hall of Fame in Akron, Ohio in 2004.

My neighbor had a baby son!  I’ve spent the last two days whipping up a baby quilt since the baby was due in April so I still had a lot of time to get to it and now, here he is so here is his little quilt.

It’s “One-Flower Wednesday” and I have two!

 And finally, here is my latest block from the Penny Haren Applique Quilt-Along.  It’s called Prosperity.
  
That’s all I’ve done since I spent the time on the baby quilt.  Today I’ll be working on my UFOs a little bit, probably a very little bit.  I need to work on my Dresden Plate quilt.  I had planned to quilt one block each day but that plan fell by the wayside some time ago.  I also have a Crazy Quilt and a Tulip Quilt to work on.  Later.  I need to go get ready to have lunch with my sister…so much for working on  UFOs.

Giveaways I've run into while checking blogs:

 "Jona & Lili"  has a great diamond quilt tutorial and is giving away $25 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop.

That is all.

10 comments:

Birdie said...

That is such a cute baby blanket. Your flowers are very nice, interesting fabrics.

Martina said...

Love your flowers, they are so cute! And the teddybear is really sweet!

Annemieke Price-Talen said...

Very nice the flowers, sweet teddybear.

Gr Annemieke.

Hennie said...

Your flowers are very lovely ! ! !
Gr Hennie.

Stray Stitches said...

The baby quilt is adorable! I love your hexies especially the one with the fussy cut center. Your QAL block is gorgeous.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your hexies and how you have displayed them.

Thanks for sharing your other lovely projects too.

Carolyn :)

Karen said...

You have been busy! Sweet baby quilt and as always lovely flowers and what an excellent block!

Jeanette said...

The baby quilt is very cute & your hexies are lovely. Happy Stitching,

Saskia said...

Great work on everything! Love the little baby quilt. And I like the purple flower with the tulips (of course, I'm Dutch..)

Paula said...

Beautiful baby quilt, I love that little teddy!!!! Your flowers are lovely and so is that prosperity block. Happy stitching