Saturday, April 2, 2011

Whine, whine


Encouraging words of the day:

The LORD will work out his plans for my life— for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me. - Psalm 138:8,

 I spent most of yesterday with my husband and sister buying plants for our yards, going over my sister’s fabric stash (she gave me some), and going out to lunch.  We were able to find some beautiful orange geraniums.  The orange is my favorite color but it seems like those are the most difficult color to find around here.  We found 3 beautiful orange geraniums along with pink, white and red so we bought every color. 

The blocks I'm making for the   "Block Lotto"    took forever.  Everyone on the blog has commented about how happy they are that they are so easy to sew up.  Not for me.  “They” say it’s good to get out of our comfort zone from time to time but I’m beginning to wonder if I have a comfort zone.  All the blocks have been a challenge for me.  I know, whine, whine.  Well, on second hand, I am very comfortable sewing my hexie flowers.  That is really relaxing for me. 
Here are 4 of the blocks for this month called “Clover” in the  "Block Lotto" 


Giveaways I've run into while checking blogs:

"1Choice4Quilting"   is giving away 7 yards of fabric - PLUS extra goodies.  Ends April 3rd.

      
"Quilt Dad"   is giving us a chance to win a fat quarter bundle – winner picked on April 3rd.

 "Mad About Patchwork"     is giving you a chance to win Batiks strips or solid fat quarters  - ends April 7th
 "Inch Worm Fabrics"    is a having a giveaway of a fat quarter of each of the 5 new Riley Blake prints – ends Aril 15th

is giving us the opportunity to win a charm pack.

I’m working on my Spring birdhouse for House Block Quilt-Along and nothing is happening with my UFOs.
That is all.

3 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

I haven't made the Block Lotto block yet. I like the look and yours are beautiful. It is on my 'to do' list for next week.

sunny said...

your clover blocks are beautiful! I'm sorry they're such a challenge.

Julie Fukuda said...

Those blocks don't look like much to whine over. I wish I had made them.