Monday, April 11, 2011

Fire is "knot" burning any longer.


Encouraging words of the day:
My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises! - ~ Psalm 57:7, NLT
Thank you for your prayers for my family and friends who experienced a a terrible fire in the Ruidoso Downs/Hondo Valley area of New Mexico.  The fire is now under control.  I am touched by the number of my blogging friends who sent their prayers.  I can’t thank you enough.
Anyone who sews is familiar with knots and tangles in their thread.  Knots have been around for a long time, probably since prehistoric humans figured out how to loop vines to tie kindling together.  As most of us have moved away from working on farms to working in cubicles and in our homes, a knowledge of knots is not as essential. I have no tips for tying knots in thread (I know we all know how to do that in our own preferred way) nor how to untangle knotted thread except patiently so I’m just going to quote the following:
“May you have the serenity to endure the knots you can't untie, courage to cut those you must, and wisdom to know the difference. But remember, it's not always either/or in life. Sometimes a knot can be adjusted as well.”
 
Here’s what I did on my Penny Haren Applique Block for this week called “Nosegay.”
 Giveaways I've run into :
"Cotton Blossom Farm" is giving away a 12 Fat Quarter bundle. – ends April 15th.

That is all.

2 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

So glad to hear that the fire is under control. I understand that there is a big fire now in Texas. Love the saying about knots - how true! Your block is beautiful!

Julie Fukuda said...

Good news for the fire watch. Knots? I'm a Boy Scout leader so I get to see all kinds of knots. I even have my "Black belt" in knot tying for tying all the basic knots in record time. If it is a basic knot it is also easy to untie. Those ones that tie themselves in your thread ... the trick is to see them before pulling them tight. I did find the most useful piece of knotty knowledge is to tie that first knot in the end of the thread closest to the spool.