Hilachas is the Spanish word for those little loose threads that fall all over the floor and sewing area as you finish sewing and snip the tail end of the thread off the sewn area. So does this blog entail the odds and ends of topics of interest, leaving more loose threads to ponder...
There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award.
Here are seven things about me...
1. When I’m not quilting, I love to read. I like Stephen King and Dean Koontz, mysteries by J.A. Jance, Janet Evanovich, Susan Wittig Albert, Diane Doss Davidson, and Carol Higgins Clark.
2. I like to hunt. We own property in the Hill Country of Texas and can hunt hogs year-round since they are considered predators. We enjoy hunting whitetail deer from November to January each year. We make deer jerky, which is delicious, and enjoy eating fried venison.
3. I’m really a homebody. I love being at home but I spend so much time traveling that I just want to spend time at home for a while. Fortunately, I have a sewing room at home in El Paso and a sewing area at our little ranch in Rocksprings. I spend a lot of time doing prep work for hand-sewing which I can do when I travel.
4. I love modern technology. I have a laptop and a netbook so am able to have one or the other with me wherever I go. I have an iphone and an ipod and just about every accessory available for both.
5. I love living in west Texas where we don’t get hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, or any life-threatening events from the weather. Our winters are mild. Only drawback are our HOT summers and dust storms in March.
6. My most important job (with the help of DH ) has been raising my three children who are now beautiful adults. My other jobs were being a teacher and later a counselor of middle school children. I loved all of my jobs but the biggest rewards come from being a mother.
7. I have been blogging for almost a year. I posted my first blog on October 4, 2010. I love blogging. All I needed was one more thing to keep me busy, haha. Seriously, I have met so many friends that I never knew I had before blogging. I love my blogging buddies.