Saturday, September 24, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award


Earlier in the week, Erica at "Vicrace Designs," Kari at  "The Purple Quiltapotamus" and Linda at "Stray Stitches" awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award.  I am so honored that you think my blog is worth of an award.  Thank you so much. 

There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award. 

Here are seven things about me...
1.  When I’m not quilting, I love to read.  I like Stephen King and Dean Koontz, mysteries by J.A. Jance, Janet Evanovich, Susan Wittig Albert, Diane Doss Davidson, and Carol Higgins Clark.

2.   I like to hunt.  We own property in the Hill Country of Texas and can hunt hogs year-round since they are considered predators.  We enjoy hunting whitetail deer from November to January each year.  We make deer jerky, which is delicious, and enjoy eating fried venison.

3.   I’m really a homebody.  I love being at home but I spend so much time traveling that I just want to spend time at home for a while.  Fortunately, I have a sewing room at home in El Paso and a sewing area at our little ranch in Rocksprings.  I spend a lot of time doing prep work for hand-sewing which I can do when I travel.

4. I love modern technology.  I have a laptop and a netbook so am able to have one or the other with me wherever I go.  I have an iphone and an ipod and just about every accessory available for both.

5.   I love living in west Texas where we don’t get hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, or any life-threatening events from the weather.  Our winters are mild.  Only drawback are our HOT summers and dust storms in March.

6.  My most important job (with the help of DH ) has been raising my three children who are now beautiful adults.  My other jobs were being a teacher and later a counselor of middle school children.  I loved all of my jobs but the biggest rewards come from being a mother.

7.  I have been blogging for almost a year.  I posted my first blog on October 4, 2010.  I love blogging.  All I needed was one more thing to keep me busy, haha.  Seriously, I have met so many friends that I never knew I had before blogging.  I love my blogging buddies.













I hope you have time to click over and visit them. Thanks again to Erica at "Vicrace Designs," Kari at  "The Purple Quiltapotamus" and Linda at "Stray Stitches"

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hi! I'm still hopping around looking at everyones blog that was on Linda's at Stray Stitches list.

I'm already a follower.

Thearica said...

Thanks so much for making my day by awarding this to my blog!

Julie Fukuda said...

I looked up the word "versatile" in my Websters Dictionary for Boys and Girls c.1935. It says, "able to do many different kinds of things". Indeed that describes you to a T. I think I am much too technically challenged to ever fit that description. I may have been blogging a hair longer but rising to your degree of technical skill may take a much longer time. Thanks for your friendship and inspiration. (You could use some awards on those as well).

Karen said...

How nice, thank you very much!!! I do like variety. Sorry it took so long to respond, it has been days since I have been on the computer, so I just signed on to check my e-mail.

Janice said...

Congratulations on your award. Those on your list are very deserving. I love reading all of the blogs and meeting new people all over the world. Be blessed!