Monday, June 3, 2013

Hands 2 Help Quilts On the Way

Encouraging Words of the Day:

My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. ~ Psalm 62:7, NLT

Well, two charity quilts are finished and ready for mailing to "Hands 2 Help." I've made these quilts for chemo patients. Ginger Johnston is the founder of Happy Chemo and has set a goal of 1500 quilts for Happy Chemo. Maybe these quilts will bring a little comfort and joy to those who are facing the fear and uncertainty that trips to the chemo lab bring.

 

This is a quilt I created in the "Argyle Quilt-Along" Jess at "Quilty Habit" hosted recently on her blog.

 

And this is an I-Spy Quilt made from a pattern for a fabric slab I found in the "Sunday Morning Quilts" book.

That is all.

 

12 comments:

Jessica said...

They both came out lovely! I love how the last picture looks like stained glass :)

Sarah Craig said...

Two wonderful quilts, Irene! The argyle quilt looks like a great scrappy pattern, and the I-spy looks like it could entertain someone for hours looking at the different fabrics! Thank you so much for participating in the challenge this year!

Sarah Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Daurio said...

Those are beautiful and certain to warm hearts!!

sister outlaws said...

What a beautiful thing to do for the patients going through chemo. I feel sure a comforting home made treasure like these could only help brighten spirits and boost hope. Well done Irene! You're a gem!

Janet said...

That is all??! I would say that is a whole lot! I love the argyle quilt.

Julie Fukuda said...

At this rate you may have to take leave from the Slow Pokes!
Great job!

Kathleen said...

Both quilts are lovely. Great job! They are going to make someone very happy!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful quilts Irene!
I love your Argyle quilt.

Needled Mom said...

Those will provide great comfort for those dealing with some real trials. Beautiful work.

Ranch Wife said...

Two very pretty quilts that are sure to comfort and become treasures. What a lovely way help.

Celtic Thistle said...

Great quilts Irene, they will be a real comfort to their new owners.