Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Good Night, Irene

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? ~ Psalm 118:6, NLT

I've been working on my latest project, the project that has my name on it. The "Good-night, Irene" quilt" is being hosted by Terry from "Terry's Treasures" and is made up largely of 2.5 inch squares. I've made a good start and have this to show you:

I have a pile of 2.5 inch charms so I'm still happily sewing away creating my scrappy quilt. These little squares make great "starters and enders" as I'm sewing on other projects so I like that part of it as well. Ok, then, until Wednesday...

...that is all.

 

16 comments:

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! Keep up the good work! :0)

Helen said...

Great blocks, it's growing quickly.

Michelle said...

Looking good!

Mary said...

What a neat pattern. Very good start. Enjoy!

Needled Mom said...

Those look great! Isn't it a fun pattern?

Celtic Thistle said...

Great start Irene.

sister outlaws said...

Looks great! How could you resist a quilt with your name on it and inspired by a song? I'm singing along, "Irene, Goodnight Irene, Irene Goodnight..." You nkow there was a terrible song in the seventies with my name, "J-j-j-ulianne what a fool I am..." and my siblings would tease me mercilessly with it and changing the lyrics to be rude!!!

JoAnn said...

My mother's name was Irene, so that is one reason I am making the quilt (I also really like the pattern). My dad used to sing the song "Good night Irene" around the house.

Jeanna said...

Your fabrics are going to make the perfect scrappy quilt. Looking forward to seeing your progress each month.

Anthea said...

Your blocks are looking great Irene, and the quilt will be lovely I'm sure... great progress! x

Rosa said...

Tus bloques son preciosos . y como no hacer un quilt con tu nombre? Este proyecto te estaba llamando.

Yo también lo estoy haciendo a si que nos iremos viendo.

Besos y feliz semana

Kim said...

Your blocks look great!

Sheila said...

Great scrappy blocks , isn't it a fun project !

imquilternity said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!!

Karen said...

Great blocks.

Sheila said...

Love your blocks. I'm going to enjoy watching your quilt go together.