Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Better late than never on One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words for a Happy New Year:

Dear Lord, Help me to keep my heart set on you. Show yourself to me in every thing I encounter in my life. Give me wisdom to know how to make wise choices. Give me a willing heart to follow through with the choices and the strength to withstand any obstacles that come up. Thank you for walking with me moment by moment. I pray to become more and more like you every day. In Jesus name. Amen

Happy New Year! I'm back blogging and sewing after hectic, happy, exhausting, memorable Christmas and New Year celebrations. And for my first post of the year I present 3 little flowers for "One-Flower Wednesday." What's that you say? Not only has it been Wednesday all day, but it's almost Thursday. And here I am saying that I'm going to be more consistent about blogging and I'm already running behind. Anyway, these hexie flowers were not recently sewn but were done while on a road trip to somewhere.

In my mailbox, I found these pretty hexie flowers from my partner Celine in the "Inchy-Hexagon Flower Swap" sent to my all the way from the UK.

Thanks, Celine. They're perfect for my "Friends of the World Garden."

One of the things I'm planning to do this year is use up more of my stash fabric and finish up more UFOs. I know you're not impressed because that's "pretty much" what all of us who quilt start out planning to do for the new year. None-the-less, in order to use up one's stash, one must start new projects. So, yes, I'm already planning to create another UFO rather than finishing one. The new project I'm starting is using up a pile of 2 1/2-inch squares I have. The project is called the "Good-night, Irene" quilt so what better reason to start working on this quilt, my actual name being Irene and not really "Hilachas." Terry from "Terry's Treasures" is hosting the "Good-night, Irene Quilt-Along 2014."

So I've been happily sewing little squares together and hope to have something to show you soon but for now,

that is all.

 

 

 

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet you are enjoying a little down time post holidays.

Your flowers are always lovely and I'm glad to read that you are going to be doing Goodnight Irene too. It should be beautiful.

Terry said...

Love the hexies! I can't wait to see your sew-along blocks! :0)

sunny said...

Well aren't you just special? You actually have a quilt named after you! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I thought about making it, but I have too many other things on my list. Happy New Year!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Well I, for one, am impressed that you not only have made some hexies but that you posted to your blog! I think I might do that someday too.....hahaha.....I actually have at least been sewing for "my girls".....all I have left is one tote and I'll be ready to give them their belated Christmas, New Year gifts!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty little flowers! I especially like the yellow one....makes me think of warm sunny days.
Your 2 1/2" project looks like a great way to use up some of your stash. Looking forward to seeing it.

Celtic Thistle said...

How could you resist joining in a QAL for a quilt named after you?? Sounds like the perfect match :)

Karen said...

Happy New Year Irene! Some beautiful flowers to brighten up a very cold day. Goodnight Irene sounds like a fun one. I love sewing my little squares together.

Helen said...

Beautiful flowers to start the new year with. Good luck with the new quilt sound like a great idea !!!

Janet said...

How could you NOT make a quilt called Goodnight Irene?! Happy new year to you.

Rosa said...

Love your hexies.Have a happy sewing week!