Thursday, January 23, 2014

One Flower Wednesday on Thursday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. ~ Isaiah 33:2, NLT

Where does the time go? Here I am ready to post my flowers for "One-Flower Wednesday" and I learn that it is Thursday. Again. My "One-Flower Wednesday" is becoming "One-Flower Thursday" lately. Well, we did drive to our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country yesterday and I sewed some flowers on the way and I just never realized that it was Wednesday. Good thing is that I have these flowers to show you:

I now have 170 flowers. That sounds like a lot until you realize that these flowers are 1/2-inch flowers and it will probably be a lifetime project to ever get enough flowers to make a quilt. Maybe I can figure out how many I'll need by using my new EQ7 software. Of course that takes away from sewing time but I want to learn how to use the software too. And I have been working on it, just not with little hexie flowers yet. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

That is all.

 

10 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

If you go to CD designs on line there is a calculator for how many hexagons you need for a quilt. It also has all the equasions if you wanna do that! LOL

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Such pretty hexies, I love the little chick. I don't think I'd like to know how many I had to sew TOGETHER to make a quilt. As you know that's the slow (and boring)part for me.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your hexies--I have a basket full somewhere's that I started and then did even start to sew together--
wonder where that basket is?????
thanks for your comment on my post--
hugs, di and miss gracie

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Pretty little flowers and I still look for the "make-do's" which I love so much. How is the weather in the Hill Country?

Helen said...

Very pretty flowers, enjoy playing around and having a bit of fun with EQ7 :-)

Carla said...

Aren't they just so pretty this week!

Karen said...

The flowers seem extra cheery this week and brightens a winter day. LOVE the orange centered one!

Needled Mom said...

Your days sound like mine! You must be enjoying the new software.

Your flowers look beautiful and 170 sounds like a good number to me!

Celtic Thistle said...

170 sounds like an awful lot of paper piecing to me Irene!

Just got the EQ7 software too, so will be learning along with you :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your one flowers on Wednesday on Thursday....giggle.