Monday, February 17, 2014

Back Home and Sewing

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him. ~ Nahum 1:7, NLT

We're back home from the hospital now and my husband is recovering well. Thank you, all of my blogging friends. Your concern and words of encouragement were overwhelming. Thanks so much for your prayers and support. Prayers going back at you.

Since we've been home, I've been able to get into my sewing room. Yay! Two of "My Jane" blocks have been completed. She thought I had forgotten her.

This is F-2 and
this is K-1

And I've decided to finally get working on my House Quilt. I've made sure all my squares measure 12.5 inches. Now I'm off to find fabric to frame each square plus finding the sashing. I hope I can find it all in my stash since I really need to work on using that rather than purchasing more fabric.

That is all.

 

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

How did I miss that your husband had been in the hospital? I am so glad to hear that he is back at home and, hopefully, more comfortable and improving daily.

Your DJ blacks look great. I'm glad to see more of them.

Astrid said...

Glad to hear your husband is back home from the hospital and that you are into your sewing room again! Speedy recovery to your husband!
Great DJ blocks!

sunny said...

Glad to hear hubby is back home and doing well. Now you can be more relaxed while you're stitching away on Jane.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

It was so good to see Johnny already looking and acting like his "old self" again.....we all hate to see anyone we love not feeling well. I love your Jane blocks....how many do you have now? Were you going to send me the slow blogger's address?

sister outlaws said...

Great news Irene - and the quilt blocks look so clever and lovely. happy sewing!

Celtic Thistle said...

Glad to hear that your hubby is on the mend Irene. Love F-2, such tiny pieces :)

Helen said...

Great news now you can relax a bit more and enjoy making more of those beautiful blocks. I love F2 :-)