Monday, February 24, 2014

I know what I'm doing....

Encouraging Words of the Day:

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. ~ Psalm 16:8, NLT

I've been working on completing my House Quilt and have the top completed.

Next, time for sandwiching. Well...I know what I'm doing, ok? I been sewing forever. SO, the batting I'm using for the house quilt is some I snagged at an estate sale. It was all wrinkled, so I wet it a little and threw it in the dryer. I don't need to read what the batting is made of or anything. Didn't I say I know what I'm doing?

Fine then. Back to square 1.

On another topic: Reminder about my "Happy Birthday to Me! Giveaway." Be a follower and click here and leave a comment.

I'll draw a winner on Thursday night, Feb. 27th.

That is all.

 

 

11 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Oh dear Irene! Good job you washed it before basting though.

Julie Fukuda said...

Not very cooperative batting. Better to find it out before it is in a quilt.

Sheila said...

Too bad about the batting but your quilt is looking great !

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love your house quilt…good thing you found out about the batting before using it for your quilt!

Anthea said...

Hi Irene - wow your houses quilt is looking wonderful! Bad luck about the batting, you will sort it all out and get a happy result in the end, I am sure...
Many Happy Returns to you and I hope you have a wonderful birthday, with lots of spoiling!! x

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh....what WAS it made of? The houses look wonderful.

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the House quilt.

Helen said...

Ouch with the batting better now than later. The house quilt looks great :-)

Kathy S. said...

Better it happens to the batting now then before it is in the quilt. Great job on putting together the house quilt.

Astrid said...

Love your house quilt! Sorry about the batting... I'm sure you will figure it out... Good it happened now and not later... Have a great day!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Love how the top looks now that it's all together........there probably weren't any instructions....hahaha...I know it is going to look great when you finish it!