Friday, January 13, 2012

Finished Projects and My Jane H-6


Encouraging Words of the Day –
The Lord will work out his plans for my life - for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. ~ Psalm 138:8, NLT 

I received these beautiful hexie flowers from Joanne, swap partner for December 2011 in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." They came all the way to Texas from Australia and included 100 of the little hexie templates.  Thanks Jane.  You’re terrific.

And here’s a block for “My Jane.”  This was a paper-pieced background with the little circles appliquéd.  I’ll soon be going on another road trip, so time to do some prep work so I’ll have some “My Jane” blocks to work on.
 H-6
 
I joined a needlecase swap and completed these for my partner in Canada.  The rectangular crazy quilted needlecase closes with a paper-mache button made by my facebook friend, Susie from Florida.   I first made the pink Sunbonnet Sue but was afraid it might be too small, so I also made the crazy quilt needlecase.  I hope my swap partner will enjoy them.

Here are the giveaways I've run into:

"all free sewing" is giving away one set of La Petite Mercerie Fabric.  – ends January 23rd.

That is all.

7 comments:

Kim C said...

I love the so Sweet Sunbonnet Sue! I have a pattern for a needlecase I need to get it done.! And lucky you and the hexie papers! I try talking my husband into cutting some for me, no such luck yet! ;o(

Your Friend Susie said...

Thank you for sharing that with me! I'm glad you got some use from the buttons. I have not made any paper mache stuff lately, as I've been sick, but now that I'm starting to feel better, once I get this kitchen project done I'm going to also get my kiln out. How would you like some glass buttons?

Sue said...

What a sweet gift from Australia and those are lovely flowers.

I really love your Dear Jane block! Nice that you have some more time away to work on some more of them:)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Both needlecases are wonderful! Your partner is very lucky.

Barb said...

Wow, those are cool

Sheila said...

Great needlecases , the sunbonnet sue is adorable .Lovely hexies and so nice to receive the extra papers too .

Lynette said...

How sweet! Sunbonnet Sue always reminds me of you :)