Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane J-10


Encouraging Words of the Day –
God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. – Genesis 1:25, NLT
 God saw that his work was good. People sometimes feel guilty for having a good time or for feeling good about an accomplishment. This need not be so. Just as God felt good about his work, we can be pleased with ours. However, we should not feel good about our work if God would not be pleased with it. 

Wow, where has the time gone?  I have not blogged for two weeks.  Our Christmas holiday is over.  What a fantastic time we had with our family.  Our oldest son, daughter-in-law and our three boisterous grandsons left on January 1st to return home.  It is really quiet now.  We miss our two sons and our daughter and their families.  It seems like we’re always saying “good-by” to someone.  Now, back to blogging and sewing,.  I’ve missed doing both.  I did NO sewing (or blogging) for two weeks.  I did get this one little flower made for One Flower Wednesday.  Thanks to Karen for keeping us going with our flowers.  Hmmmm, the colors actually match much better than shown on the photo...

This is one of  “My Jane” blocks I completed while driving to the Hill Country way back in mid December.  Good thing I got this done, at least . . . Here is J-10.  This was easy appliqué but took a long time because it is a lot of easy appliqué with all those little melons to sew down. 
J-10

We’ll be leaving the Hill Country to drive back to El Paso on Thursday so I’ll really get some hand-sewing done, maybe some hexie flowers.  I need to do some prep work if I plan to sew any of “My Jane” blocks.  I’m excited about getting back to El Paso since my sister has really gotten “on-the-ball” with her quilting and I’m anxious to see what she’s done.  She’s actually making me look lazy since she’s accomplished so much.  She’s also new to blogging.  Here’s the link to her blog if you get a chance to visit "my sister's blog."  It’s actually called "My sister made me do it..."

That is all.

14 comments:

Karen said...

Happy New Year!!! I love your flower, beautiful fabric. Excellent Jane block. That one sure did take a long time to stitch.

Sheila said...

Great little flower and I also like your Dear Jane block .Nice to hear you enjoyed the holidays.

rubyslipperz said...

"always saying good-bye to someone"...Yep, I feel that way too. 5 grown children, 10 grandkids...only one DD lives near. We cherish the times any come "home" to visit.

I really like your hexie. I feel like handsewing is relaxing. =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

My Sister Made Me Do It said...

Well, aside from the beautiful My Jane block you did and the pretty little hexie...I am excited about you coming home and I am also excited about what you are doing on your computer with your little house on your profile pic! Love how it looks in the January snow! I Love you...see you soon!

Jora said...

I really like your flower, but I love the DJ-block too! Dear Jane is another thing on my "something-I-would-like-to-do-someday-list".
Happy hexing!

Marg H said...

Happy 2012 - hope it is a wonderful year for you and your family. Love your flower block and your Dear Jane. I've just started on the Dear Jane journey - just one block and it was applique. That looks a lovely one to do while travelling. We're at our block on the Central Queensland Coast at the moment so I'm hand sewing, too. Cheers

sister outlaws said...

Good to read you had a great holiday break! Safe travels back to El Paso!

Sue said...

Oh love that white flower and your DearJane blocks are just coming along so nicely. You are doing such great work with them!

Kim C said...

Glad you had a wonderful Holiday! One Flower is just perfect for the start of the New Year! And that Dear Jane block is Fabo! I will be off to visit your sister now. (In the blogland way :o) Hugs, Kim C ^i^

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your hexie - it does look like the background fabric in my hexie photo (my new ironing board cover). Your Dear Jane block is beautiful - nice applique!

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Love you black and white hexie,sound like you had a wonderful time with your family Your Dear Jane block is beautiful,happy quilting jinnie

sunny said...

Nice flower! I only wish I had the skills necessary for Jane. You're doing a beautiful job.

Maria said...

Beautiful flower and I love your Jane block too.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE that DJ block, but there are a lot of melons!

Your hexie flower looks terrific too.