Sunday, February 17, 2013

Back in El Paso With Gifts in the Mail

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance


~ 1 Corinthians 13:7, NLT

Where does the time go? I've been trying to post this since Friday. I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. My husband and I went out for a nice lunch and then I spent a wonderful 3 hours with my sister fawning over her new embroidery machine and admiring all the lovely items she's made. We had such a great time. I'll have to show you what she "made me do" later (after it arrives).

We were gone for three weeks on our recent trip so there was a lot of mail waiting for us, the usual bills and such but there were also lovely packages waiting for me.

My friend Julianne from "Sister Outlaws" sent me the most marvelous gifts. She saw this lovely "Hexie" brooch at market and said it reminds her of me and my love for sewing hexies. I've also long admired the little tree she had in a previous blog header and she sewed that up for me. It's darling! Also included were some postcards of the "little tree" and all wrapped up in paper stamped with the words "Joy." Well, Julianne, your package did indeed bring me lots of JOY! Thanks so much.

Then I had my hexies waiting for both January and February for the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." These are from Grit in Germany. She also included a cute card and bookmark. Thanks, Grit. They are perfect.

 

And Gayle from Ohio sent me THREE lovely hexie flowers in case I didn't like one. How generous you are with your time and hexies, Gayle. They are all beautiful. Thanks!

 

I've gotten back to my sewing room and am working on a few things. I'll save these for a later post. That will give me time to get something done...

That is all.

 

5 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Do I get the impression people think you like hexies Irene? They obviously know you well :)

Julie Fukuda said...

I guess I'm not the only one ... see hexie ... think Irene!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what a bunch of fabulous mail you had waiting for you. Such a nice thing to return home to see. All the beautiful hexies will fit in your grandmother's flower garden perfectly! And I got a great gift too....you came home!

Needled Mom said...

So.....your sister MAKES you do things too???? I know that you will have fun with it.

What fun mail you received. You must be the hexie queen. I can just imagine what all of your hexies will look like once your new toy arrives.

sister outlaws said...

Glad you liked your parcel Irene! I couldn't resist that hexie brooch!