Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and Loving it

Encouraging Words of the Day:

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.~ Hebrews 4:16, NLT

Once again, it's "One-Flower Wednesday." I'm back in El Paso and usually sew my hexies in the evenings but I have a new toy keeping me busy. My new toy is an early birthday present which I'll tell you all about on Friday. Ta da da da, ta da da da, I know the suspense is killing you, haha. But WAIT (sounds like a commercial), I'll be having a Birthday Giveaway and will be telling you about that on Friday as well.

 

Back to "One-Flower Wednesday:"

I made these three flowers to show you. I just love the little yellow lamb flower.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

I'm also dying for this new quilting bee to get started. Somehow, I missed hearing about the first two in time to join. Stacey at "The Tilted Quilt" has started a Quilting Bee called "Get Your Hex On #3." This is the 3rd Bee she's started dedicated to those of us who love hexies. A few more are needed to get this 3rd Bee going so if you love sewing hexies like I do, think about it. You can go HERE to read more about it.

 

I also got my two blocks quilted for the "Pile of Fabric Quilt-Along." We're going to quilt-as-we-go quilting each block before they are somehow sewn together into a quilt. Here are my quilted blocks #1 & #2.

Then blocks #3 and #4 are completed. The next lesson will be how to FMQ each of these blocks.

Everyone have a wonderful day but for now...

That is all.

 

9 comments:

Linda said...

Cute flowers! Looking forward to seeing how the blocks look together...love the fabric colors!

Astrid said...

Your hexies are so cute, especially the one with the darling lambs.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have begun to notice that you have a problem with numbers. You are mixing up "One" with "Three" . Before you figure it out, I'll stop by for one cookie!

Helen Marasco said...

The little lambs are lovely as are all your flowers !!!

Doniene said...

Always love seeing your little hexies!! I love the little yellow one too!!

Have a great day!

Lisa said...

Your flowers are lovely and will never wilt! I love your skill builder blocks they look great!

Needled Mom said...

Your flowers look terrific and I can't wait to see what you are doing with your new toy.

Karen said...

An early Birthday present, now what could that be? I love the little lamb flower too, so very sweet! Do I dare click on Get Your Hex On! lol. Excellent quilt blocks too.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

You're right...what a sweet little lamb flower. You are going to be in hexagon heaven with your new Bee! And, hey! Foul! How come you didn't show me your blocks for the "Pile of Fabric Quilt Along"? We were too "Embroidery obsessed"?? LOL...