Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane D-9 and D-10

Encouraging Words of the Day:

We've left Gulf Shores but what a marvelous time we had with our OFOFs (Old Farts and Old Friends). We returned to our little ranch where we spent a few days and will be returning to El Paso today.
I sewed up a storm with my little 1/2 inch hexies while sitting in airports so here are three for "One Flower Wednesday." There isn't a "make-do" but one does look a little strange. I do NOT know what happened to it. Looks like I might have dropped it and then stepped on it since there's little "tread-mark" look to that stain. That's one of the casualties of sewing on-the-go. It's a keeper.


Remember you can visit "One Flower Wednesday" to see flowers others have made.

I also continue to sew a "My Jane" block whenever I can. I've got two to show you today. Here's D-10 which was easy paper-piecing until I got to those little-bitty triangles on the outer edges. They were just hard to sew because they're so small.

D-10

D-9 went together like a paper-pieced dream. No problems here.

D-9

I'm usually slow getting my "One-Flower Wednesday" post done. Today I'm posting on Tuesday night before I go to bed since I'll be on the road all day on Wednesday so here goes! Have a wonderful day.

That is all.

14 comments:

sister outlaws said...

It's Wednesday here in Australia Irene! I'm so used to your post coming on Thursday that I'll probably get all mixed up about what day it is!

Janet said...

The scuffed flower is much to sweet to discard. The scuff will wash out. Those teeny tiny triangles and almost too small! Gadzooks!

Astrid said...

Lovely hexies and Dear Jane blocks.

Paula said...

Beautiful flowers, and lovely Dear Jane blocks

hafza said...

Lovely flowers as always and I love your D9 block:)

Needled Mom said...

The flowers look awesome, but those DJs are really incredible knowing how tiny they are.

You're doing a great job keeping the DJs going.

Celtic Thistle said...

Love your DJ's those triangles would give me eyestrain!

Rose said...

Such pretty little hexies and great work on the DJ's.

Helen Marasco said...

Very pretty hexies and I love your DJ blocks the stitching is great. Well done !!!!!!!!

sunny said...

Great work! IT must be tough to have to travel somuch and have so much fun all the time.

Karen said...

You did very well with the Janes, such tiny triangles. I love the blue fabric on the second Jane. A nice mix of flowers too! OFOF's lol.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I always love your little hexies and that one does kind of look like a "make-do" and you're right....it's a keeper! Love your DJ...golly that's some detail on those corners. And, Wow....you got your post done even while you were on the road! WTG














Anthea said...

Beautiful flowers Irene, and the scuff mark adds 'character' but I can see how it would be annoying for that little mark to be there...
And your blocks are amazing, those little triangles do look challenging! x

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful blooms, love the pretty colors (who will notice a scruff mark when it's put together?) Your Jane blocks are lovely.