Wednesday, March 27, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and Argyle Quilt Finish

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done ~ Philippians 4:6, NLT


We're back in the Texas Hill Country and the weather has not been nice. We went to visit our son in Ft. Worth, Texas and the weather was not nice there either. Of course we had a wonderful time with our son and a large family gathering. There were my parents, sisters and their spouses, nieces, nephews and their families so it was a good time.

As usual, I sewed on hexies on our 6-hour road trip. I made nine 1/2-inch hexies so I have the next two "One-Flower Wednesdays" covered. Here are three:

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

Oh. I finished my Argyle Quilt for the Quilt-Along. It's 49" x 67" which is an odd size but I just made it the size it end up wanting to be. It was a really fast quilt to make and turns out kind of cute :) Thanks to Jess at "Quilty Habit" for her excellent tutorial.

 

That is all.

 

18 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your Argyle quilt turned out fantastic! Congratulations on a wonderful finish.
I love those little fussy cut hexie flowers too, they are darling!

Gerda Hartman said...

What a lovely flowers!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

wow...even "on the road" you get things done! Love the little hexies and your argyle quilt turned out really pretty whatever size it is! I am still working my way up to the sewing room to finish Little Apples....I watered the lawn, planted some flowers, got a dust ruffle to match the Little Apples, made a chicken enchilada casserole, and just need to go straighten out my button box and I think I'll be ready....jaja

Trillian said...

Love your symmetric fabrics for the hexies. It's like a kaleidoscope.

Helen Marasco said...

Beautiful fussy cutting,the look gorgeous !!!! The argyle turned out lovely well done !!!!!!

Teresa F. said...

The Argyle quilt is awesome. Great finish. your hexies are wonderful too.

sister outlaws said...

Love the quilt! It looks fantastic. But, as usual, it's the hexies that make my day better!

Celtic Thistle said...

Those are the sweetest hexies ever!

sunny said...

Pretty flowers! And the argyle turned out great. A lot of my quilts are odd sizes, because I've never tried a bed-sized one yet. that's about to change, though!

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful hexies!!

Sorry about the yucky weather for your visit, but as long as the company is good it is okay.

Nice finish on you argyle quilt!!

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Love your quilt,and your hexies WOW have a great weekend.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Fukuda said...

Your little hexie flowers must be glad for company and that you never learn to count!
Family time is the greatest!

Carla said...

I like how you fussy cut the fabrics. SUCH CUTE HEXIES.

Astrid said...

Love how you fussy cut the fabric for the hexies, they are gorgeous! Love your argyle quilt too, so perfect for using up scraps. Sorry you didn't have the best weather, but that surely didn't matter when you had such a wonderful family gathering. :) Have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY EASTER!

Karen said...

You should sell your house and get an RV! lol. My favourite flower is the blue one, but I do love them all. Fabulous Argyle quilt!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilt, so bright and cheerful. Your pretty fussy cut hexies are great - I especially like the blue one.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

More cute flowers! I travel with my hexie's too - they make great travel projects. Happy to hear y'all had a fun family gathering - that's always nice. Your Argyle quilt is lovely - I love all of that scrappiness and I love the addition of the strips.