Wednesday, March 20, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and Hexathon 18

Encouraging Words of the Day:

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.~ Ephesians 2:10, NLT

We're back in the Texas Hill Country and, as usual, I sewed hexies on our 7-hour road trip. The Hill Country is welcoming spring by having the hills covered with Mountain Laurel in full bloom. Here are three of the 1/2 inch hexies posing in a Mountain Laurel bush in our yard:

 

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

I also finished Hexie #18 for the Hexathons I'm working on.


 

Now I'm off to feast my eyes on the beautiful blooms all around me on this beautiful first day of spring. Wishing everyone a lovely day as well.

That is all.

 

14 comments:

Maria said...

What a lovely setting for your pretty flowers..
I love the bright Hexie.....

Helen Marasco said...

Beautiful setting for your beautiful flowers :-)))

Trillian said...

Love your flowers in the sun.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Beautiful! One of those flowers could hide in the Mt. Laurel very easily! Are there any bluebonnets this year?

Julie Fukuda said...

Hexie flowers and the real thing! it must be spring. I sent you a post but with the wind we are having, I probably should have folded it into an airplane and tossed it upward ... and it would get there faster!

Jessica said...

SO pretty! Love the picture of the hexies on flowers :)

sunny said...

Pretty flowers! You're so lucky that you're having Spring.

Carla said...

More lovely hexagons! Your hexagon block is beautiful! Katja would be proud

aubirdwoman said...

nice hexie flowers and I love the No 18 hexie.

Linda said...

Love the start hexie and the flowers make a great back drop for your flower hexies! have a great evening!! Happy Spring!

Karen said...

Beautiful blooms resting on beautiful blooms! Hexie #18 is a fun one.

Needled Mom said...

The Mountain Laurel is just gorgeous and made even prettier with the hexie flowers.

I LOVE those heaxathons. Beautiful work.

Celtic Thistle said...

Those flowers look so right there, great photo Irene!

Celia Gibson said...

Cute