Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane C-7

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. ~ Psalm 23:6, NLT

Once again we find ourselves at "One Flower Wednesday." I guess I'll be working on these little 1/2 inch hexie flowers for a long time. So far I've made 94. So here are 3 more little flowers:


Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.


I decided that I've neglected "My Jane," what with my new embroidery machine and all so I worked on a block for quite a while. F-8 is giving me fits trying to paper piece little slanted pieces together.

I don't know why that was so hard for me but I finally stitched the slanted pieces together and then stuck them to the paper-piecing background paper. I still need to sew the pieces together. Meanwhile, here is C-7 which I finished earlier. This one was paper-pieced and applique.


C-7


That is all.

 

15 comments:

Janet said...

I made some 1/2 inch hexie flowers yesterday for a bee I'm in. Very cute but gee.... they take as long to make as the 1 inchers. Those Jane blocks are incredibly finickity, aren't they. Just what I love. I think I'll look for the Dear Jane book.

Celtic Thistle said...

Love your butterfly hexie Irene, you certainly have more patience than me with those titchy pieces in the Dear Jane blocks.

sister outlaws said...

The C-7 looks so complicated. It's going to be an amazing quilt. Glad to read you are enjoying your new sewing machine!

Linda said...

Love your flowers... especially the butterfly one! Glad to hear you are enjoying the new machine! Have a great day!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I usually am not all gaga about butterflies but that little hexie flower is so pretty! I still don't know how you do the Janes....so much detail!

Needled Mom said...

I love the butterfly hexie!! The DJ block looks incredibly difficult. Oh dear...I may reconsider doing one.

Doniene said...

One of my favorite verses!!! Such a profound truth!! As always your hexies and Janes are so cute!!

Blessings

Karen said...

I like the numbers, so many flowers! Three beauties added this week. Well done with DJ!

Lisa said...

Love the hexi with the little chick on it!

Helen Marasco said...

Great fussy cutting the butterflies look gorgeous . Lovely group of flowers. Well done on DJ and good luck .It is sooooo worth it. :-))))

Cherilyn said...

Love your Hexie flowers! I want to try these someday.

KatieQ said...

The fussy cutting really makes your hexie flowers look great. The tiny butterflies make a fun block.
C-7 looks really challenging. I love seeing your Dear Jane blocks. They require more skill and patience than I possess.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your hexie's are darling and I'm especially smitten with your butterfly version.
C-7 is fabulous! That's one tough block with all those tiny pieces.

Anthea said...

Irene, I just bought some 1/2inch hexy papers, I don't know if my clunky fingers will manage, but you do inspire me!
the Dear Jane is coming along slowly but surely - well done x

Mary said...

I'm glad to see you're back on DJ! Those angles are hard to paper piece. C7 looks great.