Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane F10 and H11

Encouraging Words of the Day:

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. ~ Psalm 19:14, NLT


Once again we find ourselves at "One-Flower Wednesday." The flowers I'm showing you today have a different look since I'm making them for a block in a quilt-along I've joined. It's supposed to end up looking kind of like a chevron when they're finally sewn together. Anyway...

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

Other than that, I've been preparing for some hand-sewing since we'll be going to the Texas Hill Country on the weekend. I've cut out all the hexie shapes to complete the chevron and also the shapes for a couple of hexathons I hope to finish. There's also a crochet project I've been working on that I can take and then...there's always a lot of hand-sewing I can do. I'm thinking of starting a Baltimore Album Quilt. Somebody please talk me out of this since I want to complete "My Jane" some day. Oh, which reminds me, here are a couple of "My Jane" blocks that are finished. They're both rather crooked but H-11 was the difficult one. Those little pointy pieces on the corners of both of them were "killers."

F-10

H-11

That is all.

 

7 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Hijola! Another project??? No. Don't do it. Finish Jane....you are nearly there! And you have so many other projects going....you still have to finish your hexagon garden quilt with your little Rock Springs house....and how about the hexagon Ball? And have you forgotten the Farmers Wife??? And....(is it working?) And speaking about Jane....those are such beautiful blocks today!

Julie Fukuda said...

Listen to your sister and finish up the Jane.

Karen said...

Finish your Jane! lol. Or just do as you please, whatever makes you happy. Wonderful DJ blocks and excellent flowers, I love that look.

Anthea said...

Irene, I think the general consensus is for you to finish My Jane - don't stop now that you are progressed so far!! Beautiful flowers as always x

heather said...

Yep, finish Jane. Going down the Baltimore Album path will lead you into all kinds of projects! LOL.

Needled Mom said...

No new project!! I want to see the finished Jane. I just read about a big DJ exhibition to celebrate her 150th year of doing it.

Love those hexies. I am trying to imagine them as chevrons.

Carrie P. said...

interesting! I can't wait to see how you put those flowers together.