Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One Flower Wednesday Flowers and Sphere Started

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The steadfast love of The Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. ~ Lamentations 3:22 (NRSV)

Hello, "One Flower Wednesday." I'm glad you're here and here are my flowers on this beautiful spring day.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

 

I've recently joined a quilting bee called "Get Your Hex On #3." This is a bee dedicated to those of us who love hexies so it was perfect for me. I'm the "Queen Bee" for April and chose a pattern by Geta Grama called "The Flower Ball." I've already received four flowers made by others and have started adding them to the flowers (or pieces of flowers) that I've made. Here's what I have so far:


That is all.

 

13 comments:

sunny said...

Your flower ball looks very interesting! How long til it's finished??

Needled Mom said...

Wow...that ball looks awesome. I've never seen anything like that before. Your flowers also look fabulous this week. I love how you show them on the doily.

Anthea said...

The sphere will look amazing Irene, so clever! x

Astrid said...

A hexi ball?! Never seen anything like that. Love your hexies, they are so cute!

Carla said...

That flower ball will be stunning! Have fun with that

SewCalGal said...

I look forward to seeing your flower ball come together. It looks beautiful so far.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Aunt 'Reen said...

I love those darling little hexie flowers! Your Flower Ball is AWESOME! I'm blown away by that amazing design. LOVE IT!

Karen said...

Beautiful blooms and the flower ball is coming along nicely.

Evelyn said...

A Ball? Who would have thought it? Love all the colors.

Carrie P. said...

OOO! your flowers are pretty and the ball is so neat. I have seen her blog before and she is talented.

suemac said...

This is great. We are both in Bee #3. Yeah Bee #3. I like your Flower Ball. Aren't her patterns great?

Ela said...

Love your hexies!!!And Geta pattern is awesome!

Raewyn said...

I love this pattern and have alredy brought it but wasn't sure if I could make it up like this, flower by flower rather than the rows that Geta has advised in her pattern.. yaay, I am inspird now to make this a OFW project!! And nice to see it in slightly different colours than the original too - it's going to be fantastic when finished!!