Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nothing but UFOs in 2013 group

Encouraging Words of the Day:

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance. ~ 1 Peter 1:3-4a, NLT


I'm again linking up with Carrie's "Nothing but UFOs in 2013" group.


I need to post 3 UFOs and I certainly have them. One is in such near-forgotten status that for a while I couldn't even find it. This is an I-Spy quilt that i started and want to finish up for "Hands 2 Help" charity quilts. It needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.

This is the bed runner I'm making for my Mother for Mother's Day. I'm thinking that this is the one I'll finish first since Mother's Day is coming up on May 12th. The quilting has been done but it needs the applique work finished and the binding applied.

And finally, I have this ugly quilt to finish. It started out being beautiful but this UFO is to the point that I don't even like this maroon color any more. It needs sandwiching, quilting, and binding. Do you know how hard it is to work on a quilt that you no longer like?

Check out the links HERE to see what others are trying to finish.

That is all.

 

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I like the maroon one!!! It is dreadful to have to work on one that you dislike so much.

Your mom will love the bedrunner. I think they always add such a punch to a bed.

Sheila said...

You have some ambitious goals on some great projects , I hope to get my list posted tomorrow , trying to decide which one of my many to work on ;-)

Carrie P. said...

great projects to work on this month. Oh yes, I know how it feels to not want to finish something you don't like anymore. Maybe after it is quilted you will come to love the red quilt after all. Glad you have you on board this month.

Julie Fukuda said...

Usually, for me, things become UFOs when I can't figure out what to do next. Sometimes just letting them take a breather gets the problem solved. In that case, they are just a WIP.

Astrid said...

You won't run out of work this month either - LOL! I'm sure you will love the quilt you hate when it is all done! But I know that feelings.... All the best on your UFO's!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Well I just saw all these "UFO's" in person last night and they are beautiful! (The maroon one too!) I love all the stuff you are finishing up and I know Mama will love her gift.

KatieQ said...

The bed runner looks like a great project. The applique is lovely. Mother's Day will be a great incentive to get it finished. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to finish projects you don't like anymore. I have a box full. Good luck in accomplishing your goals.

sister outlaws said...

It's REALLY hard to work on something you don't find satisfying or appealing any more!!!I'm feeling that at the moment too with a baby blanket I am knitting. But! There is something satisfying about finishing a UFO and ticking that off the list! I'm sure your quilt will be loved by many many people - you're probably just sick of it!

Carrie P. said...

checking in to see how your UFOs are coming along. hope you are having a great weekend.