Wednesday, April 10, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane M 11

Encouraging Words of the Day

Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy.

~ Psalm 100:2, NLT

Once again it's "One Flower Wednesday." I'm killing "two birds with one stone" today and showing you the flowers I made for my partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." She asked for yellow petals with a black center so these are now off to Karyli in Idaho.

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.


Also, slowly moving, but non-the-less moving along with "My Jane." Here is M-11, easy paper-piecing.

M-11

In yesterday's mail I had a nice surprise. I won this interesting charm pack from "Patchwork Duck." It's called "Word Play" and, interestingly enough, each charm has "words" on it. Thanks so much to Nicole.

 


That is all.

 

16 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

The yellow & black hexies are very striking - they will be very loved I'm sure :*) And I have some of that Word Play fabric and have used it in several quilts already. Love it!!!

Astrid said...

I totally agree with Teresa; these hexies are striking! Congrats on the win! Fun squares. Great DJ block too. Have a wonderful day!

Trillian said...

So nice shining yellow flowers. They are greeting the sun ;-)

Linda said...

Great yellow and black flowers...and a great win on the word play fabric! Have a great day!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Darling yellow hexie flowers.
Another beautiful Jane block too!
Congratulations on your great win.

Julie Fukuda said...

What? only two hexie flowers on a one flower Wednesday! You may not have learned to count yet but you are getting closer.
I love that wordy prize. What a winner you are!

Karen said...

Wow, sunshine yellow! Imagine a whole garden in yellow, something to add to my To-Do List? Loving the DJ.

Needled Mom said...

I love the yellow flowers AND the wonderful M 11.

Word play is such a great line.

Helen Marasco said...

The yellow flowers are wonderful and DJ looks great !!!!!

Paula said...

Beautiful yellow flowers. And your DJ block looks very pretty. Congratulation on you win

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love the yellow hexies! They're like SUN to this gloomy, rainy day we're having here. Your DJ block is wonderful!

Beverly Kirk said...

Always enjoy a quick visit with you MZZZ Hilachas.... luv the name!

Carrie P. said...

love your hexies.
fabric with text on it is so fun.

Anthea said...

I love the hexy flowers, great contrast of the black & yellow, they will be well-liked I'm sure x

Janet said...

I love those black eyed Susans!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I am behind on my blog reading but better late than never. Love the flowers....I saw them in person and loved them then too...and your Jane keeps growing.....ok it's time to quit making me prove I'm not a robot.....lol