Monday, April 29, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

~ 1 Peter 5:7, NLT


We spent all day yesterday traveling to our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country. I sewed on my hexies but I'm waiting until One-Flower Wednesday to show those to you. Instead, I'm showing you what's on my design wall at the ranch. Yes, I have a design wall with UFOs hanging on it too. I'm determined to finish at least one of them while we're here this time. One is a mini quilt depicting the 12 months of the year. That's almost finished. It needs the 3 Bs - borders, backing and binding. The other is a tablecloth showing different items found in and around our ranch house; oak trees, ATVs, hogs, deer, and wildflowers. This is the center part of a future tablecloth or tabletopper.

Go HERE to view what others have on their design walls.

 

That is all.

 

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What a cute idea for a mini quilt! Love it!!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love that you have something to do wherever you go. How long are you staying this time?

Needled Mom said...

I was wondering if you got any of that rain that seemed to hit Texas.

Your little mini is so sweet. The tablecloth will be fun to play with as far as ideas go. I can't wait to see it grow.

Teresa F. said...

The mini quilt looks great and the table cloth is really a good idea.

Anthea said...

I love the table cloth Irene, showing things from your own ranch, great idea & family history there x

Mary said...

I really like your months-of-the-year quilt. Enjoy your stay at the ranch.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What? I don't remember seeing these UFO's when I visited the Ranch last year.....when did you start them? They are just perfect for your little Ranch House!