Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Snakes Roaming About on One Flower Wednesday

Encouraging Words of the Day:

You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. ~ Psalm 139:4-5, NLT

We're at our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country and enjoying the beautiful weather. It's been a dry spring so we don't have many wildflowers out. We did find this evil character out today though. My husband killed this 50-inch rattlesnake this morning.

It's "One-Flower Wednesday" and I have these flowers to show you. They're the parts of a block for the quilt-along I've joined. Here's what they look like...

and here's what they should look like when I finish sewing them together.


I also have these lovely flowers that I received from my partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." Dorrit sent me these from Denmark. Thanks so much, Dorrit. They're so lovely and I will enjoy sewing them into my "Flowers of the World GFG."

Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

That is all.

 

11 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Very cool secondary pattern with those hexie's. I really like your fabrics.
O.M.Gosh I am petrified of snakes! I wouldn't fare well in your part of the country! Thank goodness your husband is a good snake hunter!

Anthea said...

The flowers for the Quilt-along look great Irene, you are making great progress there.
Well done to hubby for killing that evil slithery dude, ugh...

Julie Fukuda said...

You still can't count! That should have been a one-snake Wednesday!

Karen said...

That sure is a big snake! Wonderful flowers turned into a very interesting pattern. Great photo of the other two flowers.

Astrid said...

The closest I've been to a rattler is the sound, one place we stopped in AZ, I think it was... I'm very happy there's no poisonous animals here! Love your hexies and those from Denmark too! :)

Jessica said...

Um..... wow. I'm in shock over the size of that snake :( :(
I LOVE the pattern you are using with the hexies!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

oh look at how you placed your hexie flowers so they fit on the stems on your background! And Yipes! where was the rattlesnake? I don't ever want to see one of those guys alive!

Needled Mom said...

Eeeeek....I hate those buggers!!! I am so glad I did not see it as I would have dropped from a heart attack.

Your hexies look fabulous. I also love the ones you received - especially the one on the left with the stripes. It has so much life to it.

Helen Marasco said...

Gorgeous flowers they look great in the pattern . One brave man to kill that snake !!!!!!!!!

DeAnna S. said...

ugh...SNAKES! That's all I'm going to say about that! Great hexie flowers. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing the link!

~Laurie~ said...

That was one big snake - glad it is dead!! The colors of your hexies are beautiful - nice job.