Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and Civil War Fabric Swap


Encouraging Words of the Day:
And if you search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.
~ Deuteronomy 4:29b, NLT


"One-Flower Wednesday" today and I have ONE flower to show you. My friend Julie from "My Quilt Diary" is always teasing me about making more than one flower for "One-Flower Wednesday." Well, lately that's all I've been getting done. We traveled to New Mexico to visit my parents recently and I finished this flower...
and then worked on this little hexie sewing machine for the current Queen Bee in the "Get Your Hex On Bee #3." She's also the recipient of the little-bitty 1/4-inch flower I showed you last week. Oh, there it is again along with the hexie sewing machine :)
Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.

I also like the Civil War reproduction fabrics and have joined up with a fat-eighth swap. If you're interested, sign-ups are at the flickr site.
These are the fabrics I've chosen.


That is all.

10 comments:

Helen Marasco said...

Love the fussy cutting the flower looks great. Another beautiful flower to add to your garden.the sewing machine looks interesting look forward to seeing it finished.

Anthea said...

Very clever flower this week Irene, and that sewing machine is just the best!!

Maria said...

Oh I do love your hexies this week especially the sewing machine.. Very clever.

Raewyn said...

Your flower is gorgeous - very clever cutting! Your hexie-lovers bee sounds fun - the sewing machine is awesome - your partner will love it!

Karen said...

A great flower and I love the hexie sewing machine!

Needled Mom said...

Your flower looks terrific, but that sewing machine in hexies is FABULOUS!!!! That would be really fun to have in the sewing room.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Darling little hexie flower!
I'm always amazed by what you are doing with these hexi's. That sewing maching is fabulous!

Trillian said...

I love your flower. One flower is better than no flower. Isn't it?
Your sewing machine is so beautiful.

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh Irene, You are finally learning how to count! Just kidding... All your flowers are so lovely. Please post as many as you wish. (after all, I need a bit to tease).

sunny said...

What an adorable sewing machine! And your one flower is very pretty.