Saturday, July 13, 2013

Me and Sunny and Starting a Christmas Quilt

Encouraging Words of the Day:

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things~ Galatians 5:22, NLT

Recently, I posted on my blog that I would be visiting Virginia during the month of June. Well, one of my blog buddies asked me where I would be and when I told her, she told me that she lived about an hour away from my son. We emailed each other back and forth and set up a time for us to meet. Knowing that I am unfamiliar with most of the area, she volunteered to drive the distance and meet for lunch and that's how I ended up meeting with a friend I met in Blogland, Sunny from "Quilting Dreams." Here's a photo of "Me and Sunny."

 

What a marvelous time we had getting to know each other. Sunny even knew where a near-by quilt shop was so we did a little quality shopping as well.

A while back I joined Beaquilter's Quilt-Along. I've been wanting to sew a Christmas quilt for the longest time and I've decided that the time is now. I'll be sewing Beaquilter's Sampler Blocks in Christmas fabrics. Here are the first 4 blocks.

 

 

Did you hear that Hobby Lobby has all their McCall's patterns on sale for 99 cents? Their craft patterns sell for $14.95 and up so I'm off to stock up. Last day it July 13th, today. So saying...

that is all.

 

 

12 comments:

beaquilter said...

looks great!

Doniene said...

How very fun to meet a fellow quilting blogger!!! Lovely blocks!! Have fun shopping!

Blessings

Joanna said...

Those are beautiful blocks. I love the house you have in your blog header. You and Sunny look like you had a nice meeting.

sunny said...

Isn't it great that when two quilters meet up, the talking begins in the parking lot, and there isn't a moment of silence until the final goodbyes are said. It was a lovely afternoon, and so enjoyable to meet Irene! Thanks for a fun afternoon.

Mary said...

What a treat meeting one of your blogging friends! Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe there will be future chances to get together.

Helen said...

How very exciting to be able to meet up with a fellow blogger. Your blocks and colour choices are great.

Celtic Thistle said...

How nice to meet a "virtual" friend in the flesh, and to fit in some retail therapy too:)

Loving your Christmas blocks.

Julie Fukuda said...

Two of my favorite people!!! What an event to remember! envy envy envy!

Needled Mom said...

How fun to meet up with Sunny!!! You two must have had a great time together.

Your Christmas quilt will be beautiful. It is so nice to decorate with quilts of the season.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love all your blocks and they are even more beautiful in real life.....I love that you and Sunny were able to meet and go to that fabulous quilt store together!

Astrid said...

How wonderful Sunny and you got to meet! I'm sure you had a great time! Love your blocks, especially the star-in-the-star block, one of my favorites.

Anthea said...

Wow that's great that you two were able to meet! What a wonderful community Blogland is... x