Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Flower Wednesday and Other Hexie Projects

Encouraging Words of the Day:

No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God. ~ Romans 8:39, NLT

Yes, we're back from spending the entire month of June away from home. Well, we spent exactly 2 days at home and then we were off to my parent's home in New Mexico to spend the 4th of July celebrations with our family. We had a wonderful time, too much to eat and drink of course. It was wonderful, however, to spend time with my parents, siblings, and their families. None of my children were able to attend but there were nieces and nephews all over the place, around 26 people and sometimes more as friends dropped by also. We returned to El Paso on Monday and I'm just now sitting down to post something, just in time for "One-Flower Wednesday." What I got done was two flowers for my July swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." She requested polka dot fabric with white centers. So saying, I'm "killing 2 birds with one stone." Ta da...

Check out "One-Flower Wednesday" to see flowers others have posted. Thanks, Karen, for keeping us on task.

Staying with the "hexagon theme," I've also completed two projects for the June Queen Bee and the July Queen Bee in the "Get Your Hex On #3 Quilting Bee." This is a bee dedicated to those of us who love hexies.

Next post I'll be telling you about a nice visit I had with a friend I found in Blogland but for today...

that is all.

 

11 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely polka dot hexies, and the two hexie projects look great :-))

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Hexie Schmixie.....LOL..JK I love both of the projects you are sending to the Queen Bee's this month and BTW, thanks again for the Blue Gingham fabric I made you give me......

sunny said...

that's a lot of hexies! I made polka dot hexies for my partner this month, too. Now are you going to stay in one place for awhile??

Julie Fukuda said...

It's looking like hexie-heaven. I love the dotty ones.

Carla said...

Very nice again. Always nice to come home.

Karen said...

Love the polka dots! A hexie heaven post for sure.

Needled Mom said...

Welcome home .... and to all the catch up that needs to be done.

I love the polka dot hexies. That will make a wonderful quilt.

Rosa said...

Your hexies dot are just beautiful.Happy sewing!

Maria said...

Sew many lovely flowers but I think the Polka Dot ones are my favourites.

Anthea said...

Great hexy flowers there Irene, the Get Your Hex sounds like fun, I might just go check it out!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love the polka dots and such pretty fabrics on your other hexie projects!