Monday, August 5, 2013

Baltimore Album Start

Encouraging Words of the Day:

The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. ~ Psalm 103:8, NLT

It's Monday and I have to show you how my Baltimore Album quilt is progressing. I've finished 4 blocks!

Block 1

Block 2

Block 3

Block 4

I'm really enjoying this applique. The pattern I'm following is rather simple as Baltimore blocks go but I purposely chose something simple as I didn't want to get immediately overwhelmed. Since my husband and I are frequent travelers, I always like to have some hand-sewing available on road trips or airport waiting areas and this, along with my hexies, is perfect for hand-sewing. I'm happy.

That is all.

 

10 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

I have just discovered that a local quilt shop is running a Baltimore block class next month. Having seen your blocks I think I will sign up for it, I have always wanted to have a go at these blocks, and yours look lovely.

Joanna said...

That's a challenging project, but your blocks look terrific. Baltimore Album quilts are always so beautiful.

sister outlaws said...

This looks fantastic! When I clicked on the thumbnail I thought is was embroidery! Why is it called "Baltimore Album"?

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

All blocks are wonderful!

Joyce Carter said...

Your blocks are so pretty. Making a Baltimore Album Quilt has been on my to-do list for a long time. I think they are so beautiful. I bought a book by Ellie (can't spell her last name, but she has written lots of these books). I love her designs and her work is amazing. So, after seeing yours, You have given me the desire to start on mine.

sunny said...

Irene, you're doing fantastic with your Baltimore album! I've always admired them, but I don't think I'd have the patience to make one.

Carrie P. said...

gorgeous!

Needled Mom said...

Those are fabulous! Those are really a wonderful traveling project. At this rate you will be done in no time at all.

Helen said...

They are gorgeous I love block 4. Your stitching is beautiful.!!!!

cyndiofthevortex said...

I can't tell you how impressed I am with your Baltimore Album blocks! You are doing a great job. Each one is so lovely! It's obvious by their beauty that you are enjoying making them.