Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One-Flower Wednesday in California

Encouraging Words of the Day:
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4:13, NLT
"One-Flower Wednesday" in California. We're having a wonderful time but it is just going by too fast. Here it is 8:00 pm in California and Thursday in many other places. I'm sitting under a tree, enjoying a cool breeze, watching my grandson's football practice, and finally writing my blog post on my iPad. I sewed up two little half-inchers.


Before we left El Paso, I sewed up these little hexie baskets. They're portable as you can unbutton them and they lay flat. Nice for carry-with-you needlework to hold whatever. I use them to hold my "hilachas" (thread snippits) when I travel.
Thanks as always to Karen for keeping us on task sewing flowers. Click on “One Flower Wednesday” to see flowers others have made.
I'm off for more family time. I hope everyone is enjoying what they're doing. Happy sewing!
That is all.

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Your flowers are lovely....and I love those little baskets you have made, they are so adorable...

chrissies said...

Wonderful flowers and the basket idea is amazing.

Chrissie x

sister outlaws said...

I just popped online to see if "One Flower Wednesday" was here. The world doesn't seem right if I haven't read your blog on a Thursday (Australian time). I LOVE those hexie baskets!!! Are they difficult to make?

Gene Black said...

The hexie flower baskets are darling.

Karen said...

Great fabric for your flowers and such cute hexie baskets!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Yay........you still hadn't posted your OFW the last time I checked yesterday...what sweet little hexie baskets!

Needled Mom said...

Those hexie baskets are sooo cute! They would be fun as little bowls for nuts or candies too.

Enjoy your visit.

Joanna said...

Thanks for the little basket idea. They are sweet, as are your hexies. Blue, white and yellow looks so fresh together.

Carla said...

Cute hexie baskets. I hope you are doing ok with those awful fires!

sunny said...

Of course I love the colors of your flowers, and those little baskets are just too cute! Hope you continue to enjoy California.

Trillian said...

Love your little flowers. I haven't sewn yesterday. The idea to make a little basket is brilliant.

Linda said...

Very cute little baskets! Love them!! Have a great day!!

Anthea said...

They are sweet little flowers this week Irene, and those baskets are super-cute, so clever! x

Helen said...

More lovely flower hexies and very cute hexie baskets !!!!!

Celtic Thistle said...

Cute baskets Irene. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty little hexies, love the blues and yellows. Your hexie baskets are so cute, such a great idea!

Carrie P. said...

those little baskets are so cute.