Wednesday, August 14, 2013

One Flower Wednesday, Flower Ball and My Jane E-13

Encouraging Words of the Day:

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.

~ Psalm 106:1, NLT

 

Hello, "One-Flower Wednesday." Sometimes the other days of the week get away from me but I always try to post on "One-Flower Wednesday." Thanks go to Karen for keeping me on task sewing flowers as well as getting a blog post at least once a week. These two little half-inchers got done.

AND, I finally finished my "Flower Ball" (pattern by Geta Grama). The colored flowers were sewn by my friends in the "Get Your Hex On Hive #3" quilting bee. I embroidered the name of each seamstress on the flower she made.

And yes, I remember to sew a lock for "My Jane" from time to time. Here is E--13, easily paper-pieced with a little applique for the tiny side triangles.

E-13

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer or winter season.

That is all.

 

10 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The Flower Ball turned out so pretty! And you are so good about doing the flowers every week for OFW and to tackle the Jane Stickle quilt is amazing in itself....much less as many of the blocks (yes you have done MANY already) as you have finished....well all I can say is WTG!

Celtic Thistle said...

The Flower Ball quilt is wonderful Irene, it really shows off those hexies to perfection.

Needled Mom said...

I love that flower ball and so admire your stick to it energy on your one flower each week. It's also nice to see a pretty DJ block.

Mary said...

The flower ball is wonderful! What a treasure, and great progress on your DJ.

Helen said...

Great flower ball and with all the names on it will be a wonderful memento in the future . I love your Dear Jane block it looks as if you are making great progress .

Karen said...

Sweet flowers and another wonderful Jane, but that flower ball, excellent!!!!!

Maria said...

WOW!!! I love that flower ball Irene..
Nice flowers too.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your flower ball, just gorgeous! You do so well with posting every week and those little flowers are so pretty and so is your DJ block.

Anthea said...

Wow, the Flower Ball is just amazing Irene, well done, such an interesting piece!!
Your OFW flowers so cute this week, as always...

SheepBuyStore said...

It is very nice post.I like it very much.Sheepbuy is the best way to sell online! Shopping Online