Friday, August 2, 2013

Nothing But UFOs in 2013

Encouraging Words of the Day:

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24, NLT

Remember Carrie's "Nothing but UFOs in 2013" group. Well, it seems like I've been adding to those UFOs rather than finishing them. Nonetheless, I'm still going to try to finish these 3 this month:

1. There's still this ugly maroon quilt I want to finish. I just need to quilt and bind it.

2. The 12 Days of Christmas mini quilt. Maybe I'll have it done by Christmas, for sure I'll have it done if I finish it up this month :) It came out upside down but the first little block (bottom right in photo) is made up of 1 piece, the next is 2 pieces, the 3rd of 3 pieces and so on. All I have done are the 12 blocks but it is, after all, a mini quilt. How long could it take to finish, right?


3. All I need to do for the "Flower Ball," which my friends in the "Get Your Hex On #3" helped me create, is to applique it to the background and quilt it. Easy, right?

Since I'm posting this for the "Nothing but UFOs in 2013" group, I'll wait till Monday to show you how my Baltimore Album quilt is progressing. Nothing like adding a new UFO to the list, huh? I've finished 4 blocks!

That is all.

 

7 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

as we always say....it is good that we all have different tastes....the quilt you call the "Ugly Maroon quilt" is really very pretty.........love the little turtle peeking out from under it........oh, and by the way....check out your post from February 20,2012..... http://muchashilachas.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-in-swoon.html

Helen said...

Amazing how our tastes change over time..cute mini Christmas and very cute hexie ball :-)))))

Needled Mom said...

That sounds like a challenging list! I really LOVE that hexie ball. I hope you finish that one first.

I've got a small mini that I need to finish too. Why DOES it take so long??

krisgray said...

I know - I have 3 new projects sitting on my ironing bd - which means not much pressing is happening! I like your ugly quilt, too!

Dar said...

I love your hexie flower ball. What a great idea to put your friends inside each flower.

Carrie P. said...

oh, fun stuff especially that hexie ball.

Astrid said...

Love your 'ugly' quilt and the other projects. All the best on finishing them! :) The hexie ball is so cute.