Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What a Day on One Flower Wednesday!

Encouraging Words of the Day:

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. ~ Romans 8:28, NLT


What a day! It's a good thing I did my "One-Flower Wednesday" flowers before today. I woke up today with the bright idea of hanging a quilt and some wall hangings. It was already hot by 8:00 am here but I went forward with my plans. I managed to make a disaster of my sewing room but, in the end, my Penny Haren Quilt found a home.

Notice the mess I made of my sewing table piling it up with drill parahenalia, nails, screws, hammers, drapery rods etc. Then, since I'd already made a mess, I decided (my sister also helped me decide) to move forward and make a place for some wall hangings. My sister, Ida, came up with a great idea. Easy for her to come up with great ideas for me to complete since she was in a nice air-conditioned fabric store and I was standing on a chair sweating (remember heat rises...). Anyway, Ida suggested I make a mini-clothesline so I can change my wall hangings easier so I ended up with this and then quit with that activity.


About "One-Flower Wednesday:" Here are my flowers.

My mailbox also held these pretty flowers from my swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap." Diane from New Jersey sent these. Thanks, diane, I like the pretty, delicate pink color.

That is all.



 

11 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love that you hung your Penny Haren....You know how much I have always loved that quilt! And I love even more when YOUR sister makes you do things....hahahahahaha......the little clothesline came out even cuter than I thought!

Jessica said...

Great idea for the hanging line! Must try that! I hope to send you some hexie flowers sometime :)

sister outlaws said...

Irene! That looks well worth the sweat! Love the idea of a clothes line - the Hilachas Gallery!

sunny said...

Oh No! Your sister made you do it? Love the clothesline idea - that's a pretty clever sister. Very pretty flowers, too. I guess I need to post mine. Once you get your wall hangings hung, you can come up and hang mine???

Helen said...

I love your wall hanging and clothes line quilts, great idea. Again gorgeous flowers !!!!

Karen said...

Ida is a very smart lady! Loving all the flowers.

Anthea said...

Wow, what a gorgeous quilt to have on your wall Irene! x

Celtic Thistle said...

Sounds like you deserved a long, cool drink after all that effort Irene. I hope your sister made you do that too :)

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the clothesline idea. Your dear sis had a great idea.

Sewing rooms are never neat and tidy when creativity is happening!!!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Such pretty flowers you made and received. I just love the quilt you hung, so beautiful! I like the clothesline idea, it would be easy to hang a quilt just about anywhere.

Natitxu said...

Te ha quedado precioso, así disfrutarás viendolo cada día-¡.
Un beso